Why do I cry?

Trigger Warning for mentions of panic attacks.
Combined with my Mikan Tsumiki diary book (I haven't written in it for over a year lol)

Ibuki strummed her guitar, getting ready for an outing with her friends. She was meeting up with Sayaka, Kaede, Kanade, Hibiki, Jessica, Mion and Reko for music practice.

As she put her phone away in her bag she went upstairs to tell Mikan she was leaving.
"Hey Miki! Are you up yet?" She knocked on the door. Only hear their ceiling fan.

"Miki?" Ibuki asked again. This wasn't necessarily something to worry about, but Mikan doesn't usually over sleep.

"Alright I'm coming in now."
The musician came into the room and was met with nobody there. Very strange, the only thing on the bed was Mikans old guitar.. 'She hasn't been playing this since we both started working again...' Ibuki thought, picking it up.
She decided to look around the house, texting her friends that she might be a bit late depending on the circumstances.
Looking all throughout the house, she noticed the garage door was slightly open...

It wasn't the kind of garage for cars, it was usually just a hangout area for Ibuki and Mikan to relax. Sometimes bringing friends over of course.

"Mikan?" The horned girl whispers, slowly walking down the garage stairs.
She heard some faint noises, the sounds of muffled sobs.
Uh oh.

Ibuki was absolutely worried now, running down the stairs, nearly tripping she found Mikan Tsumiki, quietly sobbing on a love seat. Her headphones in, with her resting her head down. She didn't notice her lover until she was pat on the head.
"Oh..Mikan..." Said her girlfriend, tapping the panicky girl to alert her.

"H-huh? A-AOAOAH!!" She screamed, getting a huge jump scare. She paused her headphones and stared at her girlfriend. She felt ashamed.

"M-mikan? Are-?" But Ibuki was interrupted by a tight hug. Mikan was sobbing into the guitarist's shirt, hugging her.
"I-IM SORRY!! I-I!! I-I!!! I DIDN'T WANT TO WAKE YOU!!!!!" Sobbed the crying girl.
Ibuki sat them on the couch, still allowing her partner to use her as a pillow.

"H-hey! Its alright... What caused this?"
"I d-don't know!"
Ibuki hugged Mikan back, assuring her that she was safe. Safe and sound.

Mikan soon quieted down, collecting herself.
"N-no talk rule."

"Ah, I see."

Mikan explained that she woke up in a panic, feeling like scissors were coming towards her. She didn't want to wake up her girlfriend, she knew about Ibuki's day plans.

But she couldn't talk about it, if she woke up Ibuki then everything would be ruined. Ibuki would leave her, Mikan would be alone again. Her bullies, her parents, everybody in her life would come for her. Then what would she do!? Would she die!? What would happen!? Now what-

Ibuki touched her face. Giving her love. Showing that it was ok. It was ok so show her feelings, to explain how she feels.

"Can... If i-its not too m-much t-trouble... Could I come with you and your friends?" The purple girl asked, her tone soft and her voice slightly raspy.
"What?! Of course you can!! You are always invited, Miki!!"

And so she did! Mikan came with Ibuki, watching all of the girls there with their instruments.

She had a fun time.
And so did Ibuki :)