45

"So, is Angie your girlfriend?" Ms. Saeri asked as she sipped from her own hot chocolate.

They had been talking for about fifteen minutes.

About everything.

About his life, about her life, about his father.

It felt weird to Sunghoon, that the person he was talking to was his mother.

He had imagined what he would talk about with her before.

He had pictured his conversations with her as much as he had read his favorite book, which was a lot.

Sunghoon felt his cheeks burn at the mention of Angie and girlfriend in the same sentence.

He never understood why it would be embarrassing to talk about relationships with parents, but now he was starting to understand why.

"Yeah, she is."

"That's nice. She's a cool girl. A little weird when she rants about things that don't make sense." Ms. Saeri joked as she shook her head in fake disappointment. "Is she treating you well?"

Sunghoon heard a small thump coming from the doorway to the living room and he smirked.

"Of course not. She makes fun of me for being tall, ALL the time. She loves to say that my brain is too small to comprehend normal human things. She also likes to listen in on my conversations!" He pointedly said as he looked over at the doorway, knowing she was there.

"Hey! You do that to me, not the other way around. Don't believe him Ms. Saeri." Angelica complained as she stepped out of the doorway, Ms. Yuh guiltily following behind.

"Were you there for fifteen minutes?" Sunghoon asked as he stared at Angelica walking in with an empty mug in hand.

She stretched her muscles as she nodded her head yes.

"I was worried." She answered as she stretched her arms over her head.

"Be careful, you just got stitches Pixie. Don't stretch too much." He said worriedly as she placed her arms back down, walking towards the couch to sit down.

Ms. Saeri raised her eyebrows towards Ms. Yuh as she had heard one of the many nicknames for the first time.

Ms. Yuh only smiled as she stared at the boy she had raised caring for a girl.

"I'm stretching softly anyways." Angelica said as she looked at Sunghoon.

"You do know that even if you stretch your arms as high as you can you won't get taller, right?"

"See?! He's the one that teases me!"

********

"So, Park Sunghoon huh?" Mr. Rosa asked as they all sat together at the dinner table.

"Unexpected, but okay." He said as he took a bite from his food.

Sunghoon deadpanned as he stared at Mr. Rosa who he thought would lash out at him for being with his daughter but it was the most plain reaction he had received yet.

He had pep talked himself for hours before coming to her house to officially meet her parents and he had spent hours trying to find something that wasn't black, blue, grey or leather to wear, just to get such a normal reaction?

"Told you, he's the least of your worries." Angelica leaned in and whispered as she shook her head.

Mrs. Rosa looked at Mr. Rosa in question.

"You're not gonna say anything else?" She questioned as she looked at him in disbelief.

"What do you want me to say? He seems like a respectable young man."