13

Angelica hummed as she stocked up the jolly ranchers at the convenience store. And you can tell she was very happy.

She was bouncing as she placed them all on the shelves and her mother stared at her from the counter.

Mrs. Rosa wondered what was going on in her head.

The bell from the door rang and they both placed their eyes on the door.

Jake walks in, his eyes meeting Angelica's and he smiled lightly. He walked towards the isle she was at and started picking out some candy.

Angelica chuckled as he was pretending to be a normal customer and not just here to talk to her.

Earlier that morning they had planned to meet at the convenience store so that they can head out to the mall with Yu Ahn.

Yu Ahn had come up to Angelica's locker that morning and asked if they could go to the mall together. Angelica tried dodging going to the mall alone with her so she saw Jake walking down the hallway and randomly pulled him asking him to go to the mall with them.

Jake being a great friend, said yes.

Speaking about Jake. The date. Jake never brought it up again so Angelica decided to assume it was a joke.

"So are we meeting her there?" She asked Jake as she stood up from her spot on the floor.

"I'm sorry what Miss?" He asked as he pretended to not know her. Angelica giggled as she walked towards him.

He gave her a smile and shrugged. "No she said she'd meet us here. I thought she'd be here by now."

Angelica nodded and walked towards the counter grabbing the black bomber jacket from the chair next to her mom. She put it on with a small smile as she felt the faint scent of Sunghoon's cologne. She didn't notice the stare her mother was giving her as she looked at Jake walk up to the counter with a bottle of Sprite.

"Hi Jake." Mrs. Rosa says with a smile as she rings up the drink.

"Hi Mrs. Rosa. How was your day?" He asked softly and she replied with a thumbs up.

They heard the bell ring again and they all turned to look at the door. Sunghoon walked in with his confident strut.

Angelica looked at her mother noticing her face completely change as Sunghoon walked down the usual isle of candy.

"Ma, I'm going to the mall with Jake and Yu Ahn today. Is that okay?" She asked to derive her mother's intense stare from Sunghoon.

The way she was staring at him was as if he killed someone. He had only came in the convenience store twice while Angelica was in there and both times her mother seemed to want him to leave instantly.

Why does she hate him so much?

"That's fine just make sure you don't come home too late. I want you home by 6 o'clock and if you're not there by then you're grounded. Jake you're probably more responsible than her, make sure she doesn't cause trouble." She says and Angelica nods to everything her mother says and Jake also nods along when his name is mentioned.

"Wait a second. You just met him and you trust him more than me?"

Her mother shrugged and Angelica pouted looking up at the mirror, looking for Sunghoon, not noticing that he was already standing behind Jake, waiting to be attended. Jake soon the noticed the tall dude behind him and moved aside.

Angelica stared at the contents that were dumped on the counter. Noticing the usual things that he gets. Doritos, Airheads and chocolate milk. She makes a mental note to ask him why he always gets the same things on Saturday.

She subconsciously smiles as she remembers the lights festival.

Wait... I don't even know where it is!

She looked up and saw Sunghoon's gaze already on her. He looked down with a small smirk and Angelica furrowed her eyebrows in confusion wondering why he was smiling after looking at her.

She looked down at her clothes wondering if there was a stain somewhere, but she noticed the jacket and wondered if that was the reason for his smile.

Mrs. Rosa finished placing his things in a bag and gave him a smile, which looked more like a grimace. Sunghoon gave her a polite nod after paying and made his way to the door.

But he was stopped by the door opening and Yu Ahn coming in.

Yu Ahn looked at Sunghoon and then looked at Jake and Angelica in question, then she noticed the bag in Sunghoon's hand as he moved around her and out of the door.

"So how awkward was it with him in here?" She says with a laugh and Angelica gave her a small forced smile.

"When are we leaving?" Jake hurriedly asked as he grabbed his Sprite bottle and walked towards the door in almost a hurry.

He had noticed the small interaction between Sunghoon and Angelica and at the moment he didn't know what he should do.

He was a little jealous because he noticed her small smile once she wore Sunghoon's jacket, the way he smiled at her when he noticed the jacket she was wearing and the look in her eyes once he walked out the door.

"Jake wait for us! He's so moody sometimes." Yu Ahn says as she rolled her eyes and followed him out of the store.

Angelica waved goodbye to her mother and followed her friends out of the door.

"What is she up to?" Mrs. Rosa sighed to herself as she stared at Angelica who was getting in Jake's car with Yu Ahn.

———-
A/N: I have a question and it would help a lot if you guys answered. I don't know if I should post Sundays or Wednesdays. I'm cool with any day but I kind of want to adjust to the days that are better for my readers. Anyways, THANK YOU FOR ENJOYING MY FANFIC SO FAR!