28

The cat laid on Sunghoon's lap as he stroked her fur. He turned to look behind him, noticing the black car still parked there.

He had been sitting at the park for the last two hours with one of his father's people staring at him from the side of the road, trying to act discreet.

The first morning he hadn't noticed but then once he left the school, he saw the black car that infamously drove his father around whenever he didn't feel like driving.

Plus, he was blatantly obvious following Sunghoon while he was on his motorbike.

Since the start of the week he was being tailed in the morning, on his way to school and anywhere he went after school. He couldn't even go to the convenience store to get his snacks, because he knew Angelica would be there, so he had to go to one that was way farther.

He sighed loudly, turning back to look at the cat.

"I should name you." He said as he continued to stroke it's head.

As if it understood, it opened its eyes slightly.

"Sadly, I have no creativity for that. I only seem to have short jokes in my head."

He chuckled as he continued to think of a name.

"I guess Shortcake could work. Like Strawberry Shortcake, your nose is pretty pink." He stated as he stared at the cat's nose.

"It might be an ugly name but you can't object anyways." He said with a sigh, looking down towards his watch, noticing it was almost time for dinner.

He gently grabbed Shortcake and placed her on the bench next to him, walking away towards his motorbike, not noticing the two figures that were looking at him as he got on.

"I didn't know he liked cats. Anyways, could you please let me know why we're stalking Park Sunghoon and why you dragged me into this?"

"Shut up Jake, he's gonna hear you." Angelica whispered as she saw him speed away with a black car following right behind.

"How did you know he was here in the first place?" Jake asked as he stood from the back of a bush, brushing his clothes off of any bugs with disgust.

"This was the only place I thought he would be at."

"You still haven't answered my first two questions." He exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

"Don't you want to help him?" Angelica suddenly asked.

Her face was full of concern and Jake didn't know what to tell her.

"I do."

Angelica's face lit up at his answer.

"But I don't think it's something we can do."

Her face dropped, along with her shoulders in disappointment.

"What do you mean? It's not that hard to report his father to the police." She said as she was confused.

"Trust me, Angelica. It's very hard." Jake said as he looked away from her. "The only way Sunghoon can make it out of there, is if his father is dead."

Angelica's eyes went wide at Jake's statement, looking at her friend as if she hardly knew him.

"You're not planning to kill his father, are you?"

Jake let out a laugh and shook his head.

"You know I would never do that."

"Than what am I supposed to do if I can't call the cops?" Angelica asked herself as she looked down at the floor.

"It's so obvious that he's still under his father. All those bruises probably still come from him. What am I going to do?" Angelica said as she placed her head on her hands.

Jake stared at her as he understood how she felt.

That feeling of helplessness. Knowing that they can get killed if they ever tried to help Sunghoon. Even if Mr. Park did get caught, there was a huge possibility that his people would probably come after them.

"Have you met Sunghoon's dad?" Jake asked with his eyebrows raised. Angelica looked up at him and shook her head.

"So, you don't know who he is?" 

She shook her head again as a response.

That's why she's not scared yet.

He didn't know what to say to her. Obviously Sunghoon had to have his reasons for not telling her. There was no way that the name of his father was never mentioned but there's a high possibility of it.

Jake stared at Angelica and then looked down at his hands as he was deep in thought.

Knowing her, she would find out new ways to help Sunghoon and if he didn't stop her now she was willing to really do something about it. She didn't know how huge this could get. How much danger she was really putting herself in.

He should tell her who she's fighting against.

Jake pursed his lips and walked towards the bench Sunghoon was sitting on before, Angelica following closely behind. He sat down and rubbed the sides of his thighs in nervousness.

Angelica sat down next to him with a confused look.

"Do you remember that day? At the restaurant?" Jake asked without looking at her.

Angelica nodded, looking down, noticing Shortcake walking towards her. She started leaning down to pet her.

"He-"

They soon heard a revving of an engine and they turned around to face the road, seeing Sunghoon on his bike looking directly at them.

Angelica smiled and waved at him and all he did was nod with a small smile and took off.

Noticing the car that tailed Sunghoon, Jake almost shuddered.

"What were you going to say?"

Jake looked down towards his feet for a second. He looked back up again to meet her questioning gaze.

"It was nothing."