30

He woke up to a cold sweat on his forehead.

He stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds before letting his eyes wonder the room.

Why do I always wake up in unknown places?

It looked like a hospital room. It smelled like one too.

He could hear people talking behind the door. It felt like they were so far away but it was only a few steps.

"I don't know if you should tell his father." He heard a male voice whisper.

"But we have to. He's a minor, he needs someone here with him to sign his paperwork and take care of him. He at least needs to know his son is here."  An unfamiliar female voice spoke.

Sunghoon looked up to the ceiling with a sigh.

"Like he's gonna care." He whispered to himself with a quiet chuckle.

He turned his head and his heart almost jumped out of his chest due to a fright.

Angelica was sitting there staring at him.

*******
"He's over here." He heard Angelica hurriedly say.

He could hear and see almost everything that was going on but for some reason, he couldn't respond.

He couldn't move or say anything.

He saw two pairs of shoes stand in front of him. Ones he recognized as Angelica. She always wore the same shoes.

But the other one seemed more sophisticated, he assumed it was a teacher.

"Park Sunghoon?" The teacher asked himself as he stared at the boy who was still bleeding from his arms.

He seemed willing to help until he saw who he was supposed to be helping.

Angelica stared at the man as he only stood there. She furrowed her eyebrows and urged the teacher.

"Can you please help him?"

The man didn't respond.

She soon noticed the walkie-talkie hanging from his belt.

He's an administrator.

"You have access to the nurse faster than I could."

Why the hell is he not doing anything?!

"You know her room number! I've never been there! Please tell me where it is at least!? Why aren't you helping him!? It's your fucking job!" She frustratedly screamed this time.

The teacher finally turned towards her after debating God knows what in his head.

He snapped out of his thoughts and grabbed his radio.

Angelica sighed in relief as she made her way to Sunghoon, who's eyes were barely open.

"He's gonna get you help Sunghoon." She said as she softly stroked his hair, holding in her tears as she looked at the blood on the floor.

She glared back up to the teacher who was finally calling an ambulance.

*****
He stared at her as she looked back at him.

"Were you here the whole time?" He asked.

Angelica nodded as she continued to stare at him.

"Do you want to call your dad?" She asked softly.