35

Who calls so early in the morning?!

Angelica groaned, opening her eyes, instantly squinting them at the sunlight.

She sluggishly turned on her side to grab her ringing phone.

Olivia?

"Hello?"

"Hey! I just wanted to talk to you. Yu Ahn explained everything. I was thinking maybe I could join the crew too...?"

Angelica let out a chuckle and placed her hand over her eyes.

"Of course you can, but if you call me this early again, we really are going to have issues."

"Sorry.." She giggled softly. "Do you want to go to that place we met up at the other day? As a peace making? I'll call Jake and Yu Ahn."

"Sure. What time?"

"3pm would be good."

"Okay. See you there."

She hung up the phone and placed it on her bedside table, immediately placing the covers over her head.

******

"Ma, I'm going out with my friends." Angelica hurriedly said as she put on her shoes and coat in front of the door.

"You mean you're seeing Park Sunghoon."

Angelica froze, leaving her hand on the doorknob.

"Isn't that who you've been seeing all these days?" Her mom asked with her eyes focused on the TV.

Angelica sighed and reluctantly turned around to face her mother.

She walked over to Mrs.Rosa and sat next to her on the couch.

"Well, yes. But today I was meeting up with friends." She admitted as she nervously messed with her fingers.

Mrs.Rosa had her suspicions from the start and Angelica admitted to them without much pressure.

"I told you not to talk to him." Her mother sternly said as she turned off the TV and looked at her daughter.

"Why do you hate him so much?" Angelica asked almost loudly as she was starting to get annoyed.

Her mother never meddled with anybody that she liked. She never told her not to talk to certain people or to never get near a person.

Heck, she even encouraged her to go out on dates.

Why the hell was she doing this now?

"His father isn't a good person. I've told you this before." Mrs. Rosa exclaimed.

"What does Sunghoon's father have anything to do with who he is as a person?"

"I'm not saying that Park Sunghoon is a bad person."

"You sure treat him like one." Angelica said as she raised her eyebrows.

Mrs. Rosa sighed as she placed her fingers on the bridge of her nose.

"All I'm saying is that.... I don't want you to be in danger." Mrs. Rosa said softly as she finally looked at her daughter in the eye.

"You met him a few weeks ago. How do you know anything about him? His reputation isn't that good around town and it's not because he's done something, but because he hasn't yet. Everyone's waiting for something from him, especially because he's still with his father. "

"He's still with him, because he can't get out."

"What?"

"He looks like he can kill you but won't even hurt a fly. He can't make friends or interact with anyone because he's not allowed to. He's going to be beat to death if he does! If I'm not around him, he'll be all alone and that's the last thing I want!"