40

Sunghoon sniffled as he laid his chin on his knees, staring forward at the wall.

"Mrs. Rosa, you should calm down." Jake was heard down the hallway as he hurriedly followed her. "She's okay!"

Sunghoon raised his head as he noticed the woman that was speed walking his way.

He stood up and bowed his head politely once her mother reached him.

He noticed Ms. Yuh trying to stand up from the floor and quickly offered her help.

"Hello. I'm guessing you're Angelica's mother. My name is Yuh Jisoo, I'm Sunghoon's care taker." Ms. Yuh said warmly as she stretched her hand out for Mrs. Rosa to shake.

Mrs. Rosa looked down at Ms. Yuh's hand and shook it.

"Andrea Rosa." She answered as she looked at the room where her daughter was.

"The doctor told us that they finished sewing her up but she's still asleep." Ms. Yuh said as she gestured to the door.

Mrs. Rosa looked at Sunghoon as he noticed her gaze.

Mrs. Rosa continued walking towards the door, slowly and softly opening it.

When she looked at her daughter, with a wrapping around her head, she felt her relief finally come.

Seeing her was enough to bring calm to her and her shaking hand stopped.

She was safe.

She pulled a chair closer to her daughter and sat down, grabbing her hand in hers.

But Mrs. Rosa was startled as Angelica abruptly pulled her hand away, opening her eyes in panic.

Angelica furrowed her eyebrows as she looked around the room.

Her eyes meeting her mother who's worried look could break anyone's heart.

"Where's Sunghoon?" was the first thing that she said as she checked the room again.

Mrs. Rosa was taken aback as she saw the look on her daughter's face.

"Ma, is he okay?"

She didn't seem to remember the last couple of moments with him. She was delirious the whole time they were in the car.

Where is he? I can't remember anything that happened after I..

I killed his father..

"He's okay. Don't worry. He's sitting outside."

Angelica nodded as she laid her head back on the pillow.

"What happened?"

"Are you really asking me that Ma?"

Mrs. Rosa stayed quiet as she stared at her daughter who had tears in her eyes but wouldn't let them out.

"I'm sorry." Angelica apologized as she noticed her unnecessary rude tone.

"It's okay. You had a very long day." Mrs. Rosa answered as she shook her head in dismissal.

"Mr. Park happened. He tried to kill me and then he told me he was going to sell me. Sunghoon snuck out and got me out of there."

Mrs. Rosa gasped at the horrible things that man was going to do to her daughter.

"If Sunghoon had been just a little later, I wouldn't be here." Angelica's voice was weak as she continued to look at her mother.

"I.. I really like him Ma." She pleaded as her voice broke.

Her mother looked down at the floor as she was deep in thought.