15

"Honey."

Sunghoon lifted his head up from his pillow, meeting eyes with Ms. Yuh.

"I just got to the house and the maids told me that you haven't eaten today. Didn't I tell you to stop with all that junk food and have actual proteins? You're going to end up sick." She scolded as she walked into the room towards the laundry basket in the corner of the room.

Sunghoon laid his head back on his pillow with a small sigh.

That day when he got home in the afternoon, he walked into the kitchen to get something to eat but he overheard the maids' conversation.

"Mr. Park is getting crazier by the day. Didn't you hear what he did at that restaurant? He threatened a little girl with a gun to give him his meal for free."

They were trying to whisper but it was pretty loud to Sunghoon who had already lost his appetite.

Sometimes he had a normal reaction to these things that his father constantly did, but other times, like today, he felt disgusted.

He had to hear his father had threatened others and even killed some people since he was a child.

You would think he would be used to it by now but sometimes it gets to him.

The way his father does whatever he wants and traumatizes whoever he wants without any punishment at all. He wondered if the legal system was even good at all, considering all the things his father has done over time, he thought that his father would be caught by the police already.

He doesn't even know if he wants his father gone, after all, that horrible person is still his father.

"Don't ignore me. You better come downstairs and sit at the table to have some dinner. Your father is going to be home early tonight so make sure to wait for him at the table okay?" She said as she let out a grunt, lifting the laundry basket.

"Can I not have dinner with da- Mr. Park today?"

Ms. Yuh nearly dropped the basket on her way to the door as she heard Sunghoon speak for the first time in two days.

"You know he doesn't like eating alone kid."

"Can't you tell him I don't feel well?" He almost begged as he continued to stare ahead at the wall.

Ms.Yuh looked at the basket as she thought. She felt bad for him. So bad.

"Well, okay you don't have to go downstairs. But you're still eating. I'll have one of the maids bring you your dinner." She said softly as she walked out of the room, managing to hold the basket with one hand and close the door with the other.

*****

" I told you, you need to focus on what I'm saying!" His father said as he smacked the side of Sunghoon's head.

Sunghoon sat on a chair in the middle of the training room as he tried not to meet eyes with his father who had decided to train him early in the morning.

"Just because you didn't go to school today that doesn't mean that you can just slack off aye?"

Sunghoon nodded slowly as his father walked in front of him.

Today was resistance day. Of course with Mr. Park being Sunghoon's father and trainer he knew his weaknesses and one of them was resistance. He couldn't last too long training. His stamina levels are low so he gets tired very easily which in turn makes him weaker.

It was now 10am and they had been there since 6. His father had randomly came knocking at his door startling him awake and making him get up to go to the training room.

Sunghoon hadn't had breakfast so his body was even weaker to the extent of his face being super pale and he felt more lightheaded than usual.

"Look how weak you are. Tyler can train for 10 hours straight and could still beat ten guys by the end of it." Mr. Park scoffed as he moved to the other side of the room where his water bottle was.

Why don't you make him your son then?

Sunghoon resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his father's words.

"You're done. You can go upstairs."

Sunghoon nodded and weakly stood from his chair. He held in a groan as his body was aching. He made his way up the steps while holding his breath to hide the pain.

He kept a straight face all the way until he made it out of the training room.

He scrunched up his nose in pain as he made his way to the kitchen. There stood Ms.Yuh with a couple of icepacks ready.

She placed them in front of him once he sat down at the kitchen island.

"I'll heat something up for you."

Sunghoon nodded again and grabbed an ice pack, placing it at the back of his neck.

"Today's a Saturday. You should go out and have some fun."

He looked at Ms.Yuh as he suddenly remembered the plans that he had today.

Angelica. I forgot to tell her at what time we are going to the festival.

He looked down deeply in thought as he came up with a way to let her know.