36

Angelica slowly opened her eyes, squinting to adjust her vision.

Her head was pounding as she looked around the room.

There was nothing, except for tape and a stool in the corner.

She tried moving her hands but she was tied to a chair and her mouth was covered with tape.

I got kidnapped. That's just freaking great!

Angelica held in her tears as she moved in the chair. Her back was burning and she could feel the blood trickling down.

She felt something drip down her chin and she finally noticed her blue jacket was stained in blood.

She looked around to find an exit, but the only way out was the door in front of her.

A steel door with no lock visible on the inside.

Like the ones for freezers.

I'm so dead.

******

Jake knocked on the door softly, trying to keep himself calm.

Mrs. Rosa opened the door, smiling as soon as she saw Jake but her smile dropped as she saw his worried look.

"Hello Mrs. Rosa." He said softly as he breathed a little heavy.

"Hi Jake. Is something wrong?"

"Is Angelica here?" He asked as he looked behind her for a split second.

"No. She just left. She told me she was hanging out with you. She wasn't with you?"

Jake shook his head as he bit his lip nervously.

Right then, Mrs. Rosa rolled her eyes.

"I swear if she lied to me to go see Park Sunghoon, she's dead when she comes home."

Jake's eyes widened as he heard his friend's name being mentioned from the person he thought didn't know.

At that moment, they heard a car pull up on the driveway.

Yu Ahn stepped out of her car with a stressed look on her face.

"Olivia isn't picking up either." She said as she walked up to Jake, noticing that Mrs. Rosa was standing at the door.

"If she's with Sunghoon I'm sure I might know where she is. Thank you Mrs. Rosa." Jake said as he smiled awkwardly, grabbing Yu Ahn's arm and dragging her away.

He waved at Mrs. Rosa as she reluctantly closed the front door.

Yu Ahn was confused.

"Shouldn't we tell her that she's gone?" She said as she opened her car door, with Jake getting in after her.

"No. We can't tell her yet. We need to know if she's really in danger first, we can't just jump into conclusions. If we tell her that we can't find her, her mother's gonna think Sunghoon did something to her."

"Park Sunghoon?" She asked as emphasized his last name.

"Of course Park Sunghoon, dumbass! What other Sunghoon do we know?" Jake said as he rolled his eyes.

Yu Ahn sat there in shock for a second as she stared at the steering wheel.

"That sleek bitch, she didn't tell me. How could she not tell me first?" She said as she dramatically gasped.

Jake rolled his eyes for the second time as he pulled out his phone, dialing Angelica's number again, being sent to voicemail.

"You're so dense. Don't tell me you didn't know."