8

He leaned against his locker as he read his book. It was a book that he burrowed from the library two weeks ago. He didn't even know what it was about.

He had decided to start reading more often, like he used to. He had stopped reading in middle school after his father found out he was reading a romance novel and he was forced to train from morning to dawn, every day for two weeks. He was so exhausted he passed out three times.

School was the only place he had to read whatever he wanted, especially since his father's people couldn't approach him to see what book he was reading.

His eyes traveled away from the book as he heard light footsteps and mumbling.

"What the fuck? They're so creepy. Why did I even come to this town? I should've moved with my aunt." Angelica mumbled as she left the cafeteria and made her way to the bathroom.

She didn't seem to notice Sunghoon sitting next to the lockers behind her.

Sunghoon almost chuckled, looking at her as she fast walked down the hallway.

Once she disappeared from his sight, he turned his head to look back at his book, trying to focus on the words on the pages. He couldn't seem to focus. It was like he would read and not remember what he had read about.

When he was younger, he was able to immerge himself in the pages and live the lives of the characters. He was able to escape from his reality and imagine he was a warrior or even a ghost. But now he couldn't even seem to understand a single word.

+++

Sunghoon nodded at the man who had opened the door for him at the mansion he calls home. Yes, they had a doorman. Sunghoon still couldn't find what was the use of one but whatever.

He moved towards the kitchen to get himself some water and there stood the chefs and servants. Some of them he knew since he was a child and others he hadn't even met yet. But they all left whatever they were doing and greeted Sunghoon.

The only one that hadn't turned around was Ms. Yuh, who was one of the few that had worked for his father since Sunghoon was born.

Ms.Yuh was old and she was one of the maids in the family. Well, she was basically the supervisor. She didn't have to do much around the house besides telling the new ones the rules and following everyone around making sure they were doing their job right.

"Did you have lunch Sunghoon?" Ms.Yuh asked with a soft tone.

Sunghoon was about to lie and say yes but Ms.Yuh already had placed a plate on the kitchen island.

The new cleaning ladies stared at Ms.Yuh in shock.

No one was supposed to address the owners of the house by their first names, but Ms.Yuh wasn't scared of calling Sunghoon that way. She practically raised him. So whenever Mr. Park wasn't home she would address him however she wanted whether it was Sunghoon or Honey.

"Eat kid. You have training with Tyler today. Eating all those sweets won't give you strength."

Tyler. His second worst nightmare after his father when it comes to training. He was a 20 year old that had joined the gang senior year of high school. Mr. Park had personally trained him until he was good enough to fight anyone and everything.

Since Mr. Park was responsible for Tyler's talents and Tyler was only three years older than his son, he would always make comparisons. He would compare Sunghoon to the older male, saying how much weaker he is or how much softer he is compared to Tyler.

Tyler was always the best in his father's eyes.

Sunghoon sat in a chair and started eating, even though his stomach was already tight from all the chocolate milk and chips.

Ms.Yuh stared at Sunghoon as he ate, thinking about how much he had grown and how much he had changed. He was so lively before but all of a sudden he is so dry. Now all he says is hello, thank you and goodbye. They haven't had a conversation in months.

Suddenly Sunghoon raised his hand, tightly grabbing someone's wrist in mid-air. Someone was about to slap his head.

"I see you've kept up with your reflex training." Tyler said as he roughly removed his hand from Sunghoon's grip.

Ms.Yuh turned around as she noticed Tyler was in the room and faced away towards the rest of the maids that were still standing in a corner. She whispered something to them and they all scattered away, probably to clean some part of the huge house.

Sunghoon stayed quiet as he calmly chewed on his food. Tyler sat next to him and Ms. Yuh was about to walk up to him to offer him some food but he shooed her away with his hand.

"So you're still not gonna talk to me huh?" Tyler mocked with a smirk.

Sunghoon hadn't talked to him since they met, which was hard to believe because they had met when he was a freshman and Tyler was a junior. Tyler had been one of his father's henchmen and he would watch Sunghoon in school, relaying everything that he saw to Mr. Park like a stalker.

"Hurry the fuck up. I'll wait for you in the training room."

Tyler stood from the chair and walked out of the kitchen. Sunghoon still stared at his food in thought.

My stomach is gonna feel like shit after training.

He was always angry at the way Tyler treated him, but he never did anything. Unlike any other situation, he couldn't seem to do anything to him.

Once when he was 16, he was training with Tyler and he got so angry, he tried to hurt him or punch him in any way he could, but he was so inexperienced that all his efforts amounted to nothing.

After training his father scolded him for trying to hurt Tyler and then he had to contain his emotions for that too.

All he was thinking about at that time is that he was going to become as strong as Tyler only to beat his ass.

And now that he is as strong as Tyler, he couldn't seem to hurt him.

So annoying.

He thought as he stood from his seat and made his way to his room to change into his training clothes.