46

++ 5 years later++

"This is so unfair." Jake complained as he shook his head. "How come you're bathed in sunlight, while I'm here freezing my ass off?"

Angelica laughed mockingly as she turned the camera to the view of the beach in front of her.

"Sucks to suck." She chuckled as she turned the camera to face her again.

Jake rolled his eyes as he took a sip of his iced coffee. "I barely drink this shit but I can't sleep now, I have so much work to do." He said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You do know you work independently, right? You can take a break too." Angelica said as she was worrying over the dark circles under his eyes.

"I know that. But since my work partner said 'I'm going on vacation with my wife, you're in charge for the week, don't mess up or I'll hurt you'." He mocked Sunghoon's voice as he waved his hands in the air.

"I did not say I would hurt you! You happily agreed!" Sunghoon yelled defensively.

He walked out of the bathroom with his eyebrows furrowed and toothpaste around his mouth.

"I told you 'You should take this chance to rest too.' But no! Jake never listens to me. Plus it's only been a day." He said as he walked up behind Angelica.

"How am I supposed to rest if the work is just going to pile together?!"

"You don't even have to do much. There's people for that!"

"But I'm not gonna leave all the work to them."

"We pay them for that, Jake."

Angelica shook her head with a smile as she listened to their interaction.

"I don't know how you guys ended up with a business together." She said as she passed the phone to Sunghoon, plopping down on the bed.

"You should really get some rest Jake. You're being too nice." Sunghoon said as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Fine." Jake answered as he placed down his pen and closed the computer. "I'm going on vacation too then and you can't say anything about it."

"I wasn't going to say anything about it." Sunghoon chuckled softly as he walked to the bathroom with the phone in hand, to finish brushing his teeth. "You should stop drinking that much coffee, it's not good for you."

"I know it's not. How has your vacation been so far?"

"Great."

"That's good."

"Did you feed Shortcake?"

Angelica laughed as she lay her head back on the pillow.

"Anyone would think you guys are the married couple." She said as she stretched her arms and legs.

Since they became friends again, there was no separating them where ever they went. They spent every day together.

After a while, she could hear the guys talking far in the distance.

She soon fell asleep as she heard the soothing sound of the waves and Sunghoon's voice in the background.

*****

She opened her eyes to hear a small laugh from Sunghoon as he was sitting out on the porch, still talking to Jake.

Angelica stood from the bed and groggily walked outside.

Once she reached Sunghoon, she placed her arms around his shoulders, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

Sunghoon grinned as Jake scrunched up his nose..