21

Angelica felt the wind blow through her hair as she sat at the park from last time. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second as she contemplated what she should do for the rest of the day.

She wasn't working at the convenience store today which had strangely become more of a weekly thing than just Fridays, but at least she enjoyed it.

As she thought deeply she heard a sound coming from the bushes next to her.

She immediately opened her eyes and froze.

Soon, she heard the sound again. This time realizing what it was.

"Is there a cat?" She excitedly whispered to herself as she stood from her seat and walked closer to the bushes.

She pushed the leaves aside with one of her hands and noticed a kitten staring right back at her. She resisted the urge to squeal and moved her other hand closer to the cat, noticing a cute blue string as a makeshift collar.

She managed to grab it before it ran away and moved it closer to her chest.

Her eyes seemed to focus on the bush again, noticing a little can of cat food there.

"You know, normally when you see a cat with a collar you leave it alone."

She heard from behind her. She immediately recognized his voice and resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"Why are you everywhere, Avatar?"

Sunghoon gave her a close lipped smile and sat down on the bench.

"I should be asking you that, Pixie."

"Aren't the short jokes getting old?" She asked, holding in a smile as she stroked the cat's head.

"Aren't the tall jokes getting old too?"

"I can't say anything about that." She admitted as she slowly nodded her head.

Angelica stared at the cat in her hands and remembered Sunghoon's statement from earlier.

"Is this your cat?"

Sunghoon nodded as he raised his eyebrows, turning his gaze that was previously on the view in front of him, back to Angelica.

"She's my unofficial daughter, yes."

Angelica snorted at his cheesy statement and made her way to sit on the bench next to him, placing the cat on her lap.

The cat seemed to finally decide to notice Sunghoon was there and moved towards him, rubbing it's head on his arm.

"Why unofficial?"

"My- The people at my house don't really like pets. So, I always come here to feed her." He responded as he scratched behind the cat's ear.

Angelica nodded as she pretended not to notice the change in his tone.

She stared at him as he played with the cat.

She couldn't stop wondering about him. She was so curious. Why does he act so different when they're in front of people?

At first she thought it was because he wasn't as comfortable acting out of the norm in front of others, but now she can't shake off the idea that it's something bigger than that.

Every time they're somewhere with a lot of people, he seemed to quiet down a little. Especially at the convenience store and at school. He barely even looked at her there.

The only time he wasn't like that was at the festival.

What is he hiding?

"Why do you always act different in school?"

She always had the urge to ask him questions like these, but she was never the type to pry into others' lives.

She wanted to get to know him a little better.

Sunghoon froze at the sudden question and Angelica once again, noticed the change in his demeanor.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he continued to pat the cat's head.

"I don't know. You're just.. less open I would say. Not that it's bad or anything, I actually think it's kind of cool you know? It gives you this intense aura from like an action movie or something, or like maybe a vampire movie? But I don't know cause' I don't really watch a lot of those. Twilight was trash-"

"You talk a lot when you're nervous, you know that?" He stated with a chuckle as he interrupted her nervous rant.

She let out a small awkward giggle as she turned to look at the bushes next to them out of embarrassment.

Sunghoon thought about what to say as they stayed in a small awkward silence with the only thing heard being the breeze.

Once he finally decided what to say, he took a small deep breath and turned to look at her.

"My fa-"

"-Oh! So what do we have here? Isn't this a cute date?"

Angelica and Sunghoon both jumped out of surprise almost scaring the cat out of Sunghoon's arms.

Sunghoon closed his eyes in annoyance as Tyler approached the two with a smirk.

Angelica rolled her eyes and turned towards Tyler with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you need anything?" She said with a slight attitude.

He was starting to make her mad instead of just annoyed. Why does he keep popping up when she doesn't need him to?

"Woah there, Firefly. I'm just asking, no need to be rude." Tyler teased and he sat on the space next to Sunghoon.

"Hi Sunghoonie." He said as he placed an arm around his shoulder making Sunghoon take a deep breath to control his anger. "Aren't you supposed to be at home?"

Angelica's eyes went back and forth between the two men as she wondered how they knew each other and what was their relationship.

So far, everyone in school or out of school feared Sunghoon, but Tyler seemed to be totally okay with placing his arm around him, even though Sunghoon looked like he might explode any minute now.

Tyler shook Sunghoon, almost aggressively as he hummed in question. "Aren't you?"

Sunghoon roughly pushed Tyler's arm off his shoulder, the cat jumping off of his lap to lay down somewhere else.

"I see we've got another Firefly, even though this one seems a little weaker than the other."

Angelica continued to stare at their interaction and decided to say something.

"I think you should leave."

"But I came to pick up little Sunghoonie from his play date Firefly, since he's late for training. But I'm not sure little Sunghoonie has told you about that, huh?" He said with a chuckle as he looked at Angelica with a smirk.

Sunghoon suddenly stood from his seat, grabbing Tyler by the collar and making him stand up as well. Angelica stood from her seat in alert as she continued to look at the encounter between the two.

"Leave." Sunghoon said, surprisingly calm and Tyler let out another chuckle.

"What are you gonna do? Huh? You know you can't do shit. Daddy will beat you up." He whispered the end softly with a small mocking laugh.

Sunghoon stared at him for a second, his hands that were around Tyler's collar were shaking and tightening.

He took a brief glance towards Angelica, noticing the look on her face. He looked back at Tyler and harshly let go of his collar.

"Let's go." He mumbled to Tyler as he purposefully bumped into his shoulder, walking past him.

"Ouch." Tyler said as he rubbed his shoulder. He grinned and looked at Angelica who was glaring at him. "I'll see you later Firefly."

He turned around with a smirk and started following Sunghoon.

Angelica still couldn't get over what had just happened and she had so many questions but for now all she could do, was stare at the pair as they walked away.