37

Jake and Yu Ahn had been driving around town for hours but finding nothing.

The more they looked, the more desperate they got.

They went to Olivia's home but she wasn't there either, which led them to assume that they were taken together.

But Jake knew better than that.

She had to be involved somehow.

Jake's hands shook nervously as he didn't know whether to call the police or not.

He had an idea of who was behind this.

******

"I'll do it." Sunghoon said without hesitation.

It can't be that easy, there has to be a trick..Angelica thought as she stared at Sunghoon.

She had given up on keeping her tears in at this point.

She was in so much pain. She felt like needles were poking her everywhere on her head and back.

Besides the tears of pain and fear, she was angry.

Sunghoon's anger seemed to be contagious because she couldn't help but feel the rage that was in his eyes.

His nose was red as angry tears kept falling down his cheeks.

She had never seen him cry.

Their eyes suddenly met for a split second and Angelica noticed another emotion.

He's scared.

"Really?"

"Yes."

Mr. Park roughly let go of Angelica's hair, making her grimace in pain again.

"Take him to his room. I have some things to say to girlie here." Mr. Park said as he gestured for the men to take Sunghoon away.

Sunghoon's eyes grew wide as he noticed that Angelica was going to be alone in a room with his father.

He tried hard to get his arms off the grip of the men but to no avail.

"DON'T HURT HER." He screamed as he was getting dragged out of the room, thrashing and kicking as much as he could.

Tyler followed them out with his two men right behind him.

"Okay. Let's talk now, shall we?" Mr. Park said as he pulled the chair that was in the corner in front of Angelica.

Angelica looked up at him, completely neglecting the unspoken rule.

"You're looking at me?" Mr. Park asked with fake shock as she continued to look at him in the eye.

"What are you going to do to him?" Angelica lowly asked as her voice was so hoarse.

"So you do care about him! If you really did, you would've stayed away don't you think? Even after he warned you to stay away?"

How does he know about that conversation?

"I stick with him because I care. He shouldn't be here with trash like you." She said as she glared at him.

"Getting a little bold, aren't ya?" He said as he raised his eyebrows.

"Only when I need to be." She responded.

They stared into each other's eyes.

Mr. Park trying hard to get her to stand down but Angelica was starting to not give a shit.

Things were really making sense now.

Sunghoon was stuck under the control of Mr. Park for years, with no possibility of escape.