Chapter Seventeen

Please note that this chapters hold a A report. In Canon, this is 3rd person POV. I think mine is more of a Narrative, if that makes sense. Anyway, I've tried my best with it. I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Chapter Seventeen
Sang
Meeting the Toma's

I think I get a speeding ticket as I drove home from the hospital after my shift. Being a receptionist isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it isn't so bad either. My favourite days are definitely the days my favourite doctor comes to visit me while on his rounds or a lunch break. A few times we've sneaked off together into his office and locked the door. But I've not had any of that as the guys have been on a huge assignment with another team for the last few weeks and to say I'm eager to get home...well, those words just aren't enough to describe my desperation.

I pull onto our long drive, come to a stop with a squeal of the breaks on my tires, making me wince, before grabbing my bag and climbing out. Hopefully North isn't peeping through the windows and listening out for my arrival. He's always telling me off for pressing the break too hard. I run up the front steps and force myself to slow down when I reach the door, taking a few calming breaths. I run my palm down my blouse, ironing out any wrinkles before exhaling slowly and reaching for the door knob, letting myself inside.

The first click of my heels on the marble floor makes me take my next step softer, ears straining to listen. Silence greets me and I grin as I close the door with a soft click behind me. I place my bag on the floor by the foyer table before placing my keys into the bowl, my eyes locked on the open doors to our formal living room. I shut those doors this morning before I left for work. With the guys away quite a bit, Uncle and Erica have been popping in to check on me and that's where Uncle and I sat while we had a coffee and talked before he left an hour later. Normally I would have closed the door after he had left, but Nathan rang me and I got side tracked.

Yes, I'm positive I closed those doors this morning. But why are they in the formal living area? Normally we go to our more relaxed living area at the back of the house. Do we have guests?

I shake the thoughts away and head straight for those open doors, excitement bubbling up inside me. The moment I get a peak at the room, I note the extra bodies without even counting. But before I can get a good look, Silas is heading straight for me and a squeal of happiness leaves my lips as I meet him halfway, wrapping my arms around his neck. He picks me off the floor, laughing in my ear as we squeeze each other. I pull my head back and quickly take his lips into a kiss that curls my toes and has heat rushing through my veins.

Before the kiss can get too deep and I'm taken into the arms of Nathan, greeting him much the same way I did Silas. The smile can't be wiped off my face. I've missed them dearly, even though one of them has always tried to be with me so I wasn't home alone. Last night and the night before had been the first time I had been completely alone without one of them climbing into my bed late at night before leaving before the sun rose in the sky. When they told me they were coming back to recharge for a week or so and to finalise their plans, I was just so happy. It had been so long since I've had them all and I'm a little disappointed that we have company.

Owen is the last one to greet me with a gentle hug and a soft kiss to my lips. "Hi, Love."

I smiled at him. "Hi."

"Let's make introductions," he says, his arm coming around my waist. Our guests stand and my eyes immediately zero in on the girl. Long strands of chocolate brown hair hang over her shoulders. Her skin is tanned, lips are full and coated in a balm or gloss. Her eyes are green, but darker than my own, framed with long thick lashes. My gaze roams lower, noting her impressive cleavage in the black tank top that has a slight V dipping between her breasts that are larger than my own but a cup or two. The black material clings to her waist that curves inwards before flaring out slightly at her hips. She's wearing dark blue jeans that are ripped and frayed, clinging to her body like a second skin with black boots on her feet. She's absolutely stunning with a body to die for.