Chapter 43

Chapter 43

*Alpha Carter*

Penny remained in a coma until Friday night nearly three days. Bobby only ever left her side to use the restroom and that was only if the myself or Jacob were in the room with her. All things on the perimeter had been quiet. There was no sign of a threat. Trudy was still in the silver prison cell. She was getting weaker by the hour at this point. Bobby never went to see her or ask any questions, he just sat silently by Penny's side.

Jacob spent time with Heather, most of that time they were trying to see if he had any magic powers. Going off what Penny could do Heather tried to get him to read her mind, while he could read her emotions because of the bond he never actually read her thoughts. They even tried to see if he could teleport. Penny said all she had to do was imagine the place she wanted to go using the memories of the sounds, sights, and emotions that that area bought out in her but nothing worked.

Friday morning Jacob was cooking breakfast for the house. He planned on taking some to Penny's room for Bobby and whoever was staying with her at the time. She was moved to her own room to finish recovering once Doctor Panama said the wolfsbane was out of her system. Now we just waited for her to wake up. Even with the poison out of her system she still had to recover from the side effects.

I sat in the kitchen with Jacob as he was making French toast with some fresh strawberries. While he was cutting them, he cut the tip of his finger leaving a large slice open and bleeding heavily.

"Crap." He said wincing at the amount of blood not the pain, it didn't hurt slicing it, but the juice made it sting more. He stated," Here let me see it." I got up from the table and walked over to him. "That's a nasty cut. How did you manage to cut so deep and in that area?" I asked.

"I'm just not focused right now. It won't take long to heal. I'm guessing five minutes." Jacob said.

"Son a cut this deep would take a day at least. And probably stitches just to hold it in place until it stitched itself back together."

"Naw, I've seen this before took me maybe ten minutes that time." I looked at him like he was crazy. But he ran his finger under the faucet to clean the blood and it was nearly already healed.

"Jacob how did you heal so fast?" I asked him.

"I don't know. Ever since our first shift I had. I thought all werewolves heal fast it was natural for us, right part of our abilities?"

"Well, yes. But not that fast. Like I said that should have taken a day." Jacob stood there a few minutes deep in thought.

"Dad, after you and mom gave us the news that we were your real children and told us what we were, do you remember me locking myself in my room?" He asked me.

"Yes." I spoke.

"Well while I was angry, I broke a lamp and it cut my hand pretty well. I noticed it healed kind of fast. So, I experimented on myself. I went as far as gauging my leg with shards of the broken ceramic and even went as far as breaking my hand."

"What the hell Jacob, why would you do that to yourself. What if you didn't heal fast and bleed out and why in the world would you think breaking your hand was a good idea!" I lectured him.

"Dad it took like a few hours to heal my hand. Maybe thirty minutes for my leg gash." He said incredibly.

"A broken bone takes us at least a week."