Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I spent first period writing notes with Kris. He was becoming my new best friend. He was seventeen had messy dirty blond curly hair that was medium in length. He also has the prettiest eyes I have seen on a dude, hazel looked great on him. I was wondering if he was a werewolf. I had not learned how to use my senses well enough yet to figure out if others were wolf or not.

'Angel hey are you busy, can you hear me?' I asked her using our pack link.

'I'm here, in boring old Algebra. I hate math. What's up?' Angel sounded tired; I guess her class was just as bad as mine. It's a good thing we have the rest of them together.

'I met a new friend, he's really nice. His name is Kris with a K. How do I know if someone is in our pack?' I asked her.

'Oh I know Kris with a K. Yes he is in our pack. Is he your new love interest?' She said while laughing at me.

'Hey not cool Angel, you know I'm holding out for my mate, and no I'm not telling you who he is yet. So how do you know who is in our pack, or is a werewolf in general?' Angel knew I know who my mate was and that I found him at the pack meeting when dad introduced us to the pack.

'Take a smell of the air and tell me what you smell?' Angel suggested. I sniffed the air and thought I noticed a musty tangy smell with a hint of pancakes. That's interesting I thoughts to myself.

'Angel he smells like pancakes and something musty and tangy.' I told her.

'Yep!' She said. 'He likes his pancakes with a hint of lemon marmalade and that particular musty smell is his sent.' She seemed amused with me. Now that I knew he was a werewolf I decided to play with him a little bit.

'HEY KRIS' I yelled through my link to his mind. He jumped out of his seat and fell over. I laughed a silent laugh and got up fast to help him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Young man, do you have a problem that you need to discuss with the class, that outburst was uncalled for!" Mrs. Clark yelled at Kris for him falling out of his seat. Now I feel bad, I caused him to get yelled at.

"No, ma'am I kind of just fell out of my chair, huh I thought I saw a mouse." He felt ashamed. The class begun laugh at him, now I feel even worse.

"Well get up and fix your chair, try not to be scared of mice your almost a man for Christ sake." What really she just called him an almost man. Dam this teacher really is mean.

'I'm so sorry Kris I had no idea you would jump out of your seat.' I explained to him.

'Gee thanks, I knew you were a wolf I just assumed you were mute in all ways, I was not expecting an assault to my mind.'

'Well still I'm sorry, I had no idea. I only just turned sixteen and I'm still not sure how to tell who's who yet.' I explained to him.

'Oh, you're the alphas daughter. Well it's nice to meet you Penny. I knew you were in the pack but I did not realize you were thee Penny?'

'Do you still want to be friends? I mean I know my dad's your leader but I don't want you to be my friend because of that.' I felt as though I was now going to lose my new friend.

'No way, I will still be friends, you're neat. And now that I know you can use the link it will be way easier then note paper. Now we can't get caught passing notes. Just make sure you block out other people in the pack, some of the teachers are part of the pack too.' He informed me.

'Really is Mrs. Clark one of them?'

'NO way, she's really just a mean human. This is my second year with her last year she taught advanced algebra as well.' I bet he was upset with his schedule this morning.

'That sucks.' I told him. Class ended and we haled our butts out of their as fast as the crowd would let us.

Kris had a different class the next period so we parted ways. I'd see him later at lunch and fifth and six periods. Finding my way to my next class I kept my eyes open for my mate, Robert. I had no idea what he looked like, but I knew he has chocolaty brown eyes that I can just swim in. Well at least while he is in wolf form he does. I was a white wolf so I know that our fur has nothing to do with our hair color. Dad refused to tell me. He said nature had to take its course. He did say he was a senior and he is eighteen.

I had no idea how I would know him. I hoped that if I bumped into him I just feel it like the other night. But I did not want to touch each boy in the school. Well I guess it would just be the seniors, but still that's a lot of hand shaking. Then what if he did not like me or once I met him, I did not like him.

I met up with Angel on the way to second period. Our next class was English. And guess what the guys name was English. Angel said he was nice, and he was in fact from England. I know we all speak English but I thought they spoke it differently than we did.

On the way to class Angel informed me about Mr. English and the way he teaches. He is very strict, but apparently he preaches the Idea that as long as it's proper English anyone could teach it. She also said he was not part of the pack. We entered the class and I got chills up my back. As we walked in I looked over everyone in the class.

He had to be in here. One of these boys must be Robert. I smelled the air and noticed that there were several wolves in here. A few girls and a few boys were from our pack. I was not able to tell them apart yet; my nose was being assaulted by all the wolves. All the smells mixed together, but one of them smelled heavenly. Now if I could only figure out whom.

I took a seat next to Angel in the middle of the room. I wanted to sit in the back but Angel sat first. If I was in the back I could see all the boys. I am such a pervert now. I could care less about boys before, but now I can't help it. I wanted to touch him and smell him; I wanted to get to know him. I could yell out Robert over the link and see who look up, but then all the wolves would look about at who spoke. That would be too embarrassing.

I decided to wait it out, maybe the teacher will take role call and then I will know. I continued to look the guys over. I think most of them were jocks. They had lettermen jackets on. I could not see any of their eyes. Angel was gabbing away with one of them. I asked her to introduce me and she did.

"Guys this is my friend Penny." She introduced me to them.

I nodded my head at them and they guys all smiled at me. "Guys Penny is a mute well I mean she has no voice but you can use the link." Angel whispered the last part. I guess all the guys were in the pack. But still did she have to blurt out the mute things. I waved at them and said 'hey guys, so what's your names?' I asked them. They took their turns saying their names. There was, Bobby, Andy, Cody, Rodney and William. They all had a Y except for William. I started to laugh in my head. I'm going to call William, Willy. Now all they boys had Y's.

The boys all looked at me like I was crazy till I let them in on my own personal joke I made. They thought it was funny all except Willy, He said that's what his mom calls him and that he was too old for that childish name. But I insisted that the name fit. I was a little sad that Robert was not in this group. Maybe there was another wolf in the class that I over looked.

The rest of the class went well. We all looked as though we were paying attention to the teacher while quietly talking to each other in our minds. They were a good bunch of guys. At the end of class we all got up and walked out to our next class. One of the guys stopped me and started to talk to me.

"Hey Penny I was wondering if you would go to dinner with me tonight?" Bobby asked me. But I can't I'm waiting for my mate.

'Um Bobby I don't think that's a good idea, I told my dad I was only going to date my mate.' I told him. I only just met him and I did not want to let him down like this. I started to walk away. But Bobby grabbed my hand and turned me around so fast my head spun.