Chapter 4

Mrs Carter has a driver, he is a tall dark and a scary looking man, and he answers with grunts. He kinds of reminds me of Lurch from the movie Adams Family. He is a nice guy though and apparently has been working with the Carters for a long time. His name is David, he has a small house in the forest and stays there until one of the Carter's calls for him. We sat in the back of the black limo; Jacob was talking to Mrs. Carter.

Sweetheart what do you need the most Mrs. Carter suddenly asked me. I looked up like I was thinking about it then told my brother what I'm interested in and the things I needed the most.

Tell Mrs. Carter, I really need more jeans, matching under clothes and some new sweaters because it will be getting cooler soon. I told this all to my brother while looking at her.

Mrs. Carter, Penny said she needs jeans, under things and sweaters because she gets cold easily Jacob was fake gagging when he said under things. I rolled my eyes at him when he mentioned I get cold easily, thats so not true I just like to be prepared and sweaters are so comfy.

Penny is that true? she questioned me. I shook my head yes.

I was joking about the cold thing though Mrs. Carter, we both dont normally get cold, she just likes sweaters. I was just trying to mess with her Jacob said while laughing at me. I gave him a fist to his upper arm.

Hey that's not cool you know, please don't add things to what I say, so not cool. I mentally pleaded to him. He just nodded back, he understands how hard it is for me and I know he was just being silly.

I still don't understand how you two can understand each other, but I'm glad it works Mrs. Carter was talking to Jacob again and I just looked out the window, Its was over an hour drive to the nearest mall.

Some say its a twin thing, I can hear her in my mind, we don't even have to be in the same room ether, its pretty neat. Jacob was trying to explain the process again.

After that conversation it was quiet in the limo, its still strange how we went from one foster home to another and then to group homes to a loving couple with a huge house and even a limo. Lately I have been wondering why? How did we get so lucky? During my daydreaming we arrived at the Lakeside Mall. Its a huge indoor-outdoor mall.

When we got out of the car, David pulled away in the limo to go wait for us to finish our shopping. It was nearly noon already and I know we had a lot to get, Mrs. Carter likes to shop. Old Navy was our first stop, both Jacob and I can get most of our clothes here. I love this store. I was walking with Mrs. Carter towards the girl's jeans and we started looking over them. Jacob went to the men section. I knew already what he'd pick. He only wears black loose leg jeans and black t-shirts with his black leather jacket. He looks good in black. I on the other hand. I love colors, and bright colors are in this year. I got all different colors of jeans, I picked up seven of them so I can do laundry once a week. Yes, I do my own laundry. I got a rainbow of colors, dark blue, light blue, green, pink, yellow and three black ones. Black goes with everything. That's something Jacob would tell me. I then got shirts and sweaters in all the colors that match my Jeans. Mrs. Carter picked out all the tops if it was a shade or patterns that matched and looked good. She likes to help me, and we don't need to talk to each other she just holds up a hanger and I shake my head yes or no. Makes things easy.

The next stop was Victoria Secret, for my under things, as Jacob calls them. Mrs. Carter and I wear the same size bra and panties, Its kind of weird but makes it easy, this way I don't have to tell Jacob what size I am. That information would turn him a dark shade of red. Plus the first time she took me here she had me sized, and nothing has changed. I got a rainbow of patterns and colors of matching sets about ten different kinds. Mrs. Carter also got a few things some of which I did not need to see, because I'm sure they were for Mr. Carters eyes only. Ha-ha but I'm not going to say anything. I was laughing in my head again, and this time Jacob heard me.