Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Penny and Jacob were born and left abandoned in a small town almost sixteen years ago. They were found in a basket covered in a mans flannel shirt, near a Massey Pizza restaurant. They didnt know much about their past; only a note saying:

'Please keep my twins together I am unable to care for them, I named them Penny and Jacob'.

The local news named them the Massey twins. The name stuck. When no one came forward to claim the twins they ended up moving from one foster home to another. They never stayed long. They were not bad kids, they kept quiet and mostly to themselves. Penny was born unable to speak, but this was not discovered till she was nearly ten years old. Most of the foster parents assumed Jacob spoke up for Penny and let it be. At the age of three the twins had already been in three different homes. On the fourth home they were placed with an abusive older woman, she used to beat Penny for not talking when spoken to. The old woman would say its rude to not speak when spoken to and Jacob would get in trouble for trying to stop her, even at three Jacob could speak very well and he was very smart. He would yell at the old woman for hurting his twin. But this only earned Jacob his own beatings. He tried to tell the old women his sister could not talk but the old woman never believed him. Penny would yell out silent screams nothing would come out but air, and tears. But Jacob could hear her screams in his head, he could hear her voice she would sob and tell Jacob to tell the woman to stop, it hurt so much. They would get beatings with a long switch that Jacob would have to get from a tree in the back yard. He hated having to get the weapon that would be used on his defenseless sister and himself. They used to get beat several times each week and Jacob would have to get a new switch when the current one would break from overuse. The abuse also went as far as no dinner and being locked in their rooms which they did not share, but Jacob would talk to his sister in his mind to keep her calm and help her feel better.

Jacob and Penny spent five years with the old women till she died, she was old after all, her body wore out. The twins were thankful for her death they were sad to move again but at least they would no longer receive beatings from her. Jacob protected his sister as well as he could during the five years with the old woman. As they aged, he would tell his sister he would always protect her and take care of her, no matter what home they were sent to. The state became involved with their care again after the old woman died and were moved to several more homes over the next two years. Jacob would always talk for his sister and most familys that took them in would think Penny would not talk because Jacob talked for her, eventually the state sent her to an ENT (ear nose and throat) doctor to find out if there was a reason she never spoke. By then they were ten years when everyone finally found out. Turns out Penny has no vocal cords at all. It was a birth defect. Where Penny had no voice Jacob was gifted with speech at an early age, He was talking full sentences at the age of one, with complete comprehension, which is how he was able to verbally defend his sister from the old lady.

Penny was very smart and did well in school, she was a straight A student as well as Jacob. The teacher just gave up calling on her and would pair the twins together. They had no friends; kids would stare at Penny because when someone new would talk to her she would just walk away, or her brother would speak for her and people were just uncomfortable with that. But the twins were not bothered by them, they had each other.

There was a time when they did try to teach Penny sign language, but she did not care to learn, it was easier for her to just talk to her brother. She did use hand gestures when communicating with her foster parents, especially if Jacob was not in the same room. Since she had no outside friends, she just thought it was best to not get her hopes up. Penny was very shy. The twins would talk to each other all the time, they had long conversation in each others minds. Jacob always knew what Penny needed. Jacob did try to tell their foster families about how he can hear what she says but most people dismissed it as a twin connection. The twins didnt know how they could talk to each other they just knew they were special somehow, but they did not know how special they really were. Penny and Jacob Massey is now a fifteen-year-old girl she has long straight as a board plain brown hair that lands at her hips, but has eyes that are crystal clear green, like looking at green sea glass. Which helps distract from her dull hair. She has a twin brother Jacob Massey he also has brown hair which he keeps like a military cut. He also has the same crystal-clear green eyes. They share very similar features. Jacob is over six feet tall while Penny is only 5'7. Both have thin athletic bodies. Other than the difference in height they share the same small nose and thin face, lightly tanned skin and wide eyes.

* There will be sexy scenes. I will not have them on here. If you want to read the sexy scenes you will need to go to GoodNovel and look up my profile. Korena Long