Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I don't know how long I was sleeping for but when I woke up, I was in a large grayish white room that was dimly lit with florescent lights. I was on a padded floor the kind of padding they use in a gym. There was a window to my right. It was not very big at all about twelve inches across. I could see a reflection from the other side I saw several pairs of eyes looking at me. Mom and dad were watching me. They must have noticed I had woken up. A loudspeaker screeched in my ears causing me to wince and cover my ears.

"Sweetheart, its mom. I know your scared, but I wanted to say we are here with you and Jacob he is in the next room over from yours. These are the rooms we use for changing". I could hear mom over the speaker. But changing rooms. I don't understand. All I had was a bad headache. I sat up more and I gave a puzzled look to try to convey to her that I was confused.

"Ok I know your confused but so are we, part of the changing process starts with the enhancement of our hearing and our sight. It usually happens with a mild headache. I don't know why it crippled you and Jacob so bad". I was listening to her.

"Sweetheart". This time it was dad speaking. "I think your birth dates are wrong, that's the only thing I can think of. No one has ever changed before their actual birthday date". I thought for a second that the day we were abandoned, I counted in my head the difference in dates, that means we were already nine days old. But how is this possible? From what I was told we were found by a Massey's pizza employee as newborns. Someone made a mistake. Is Today our real birthday.

"Penny, can you hear me". Jacob called out to me using our link.

"Yes, I'm here. Mom said we are in the changing rooms; they think the authorities got our birthday wrong. Everything we were told was wrong. We were nine days old when we were abandoned that means our birth mom had us for nine days before she died".

"But I thought her body was found and the cause of her death was from bleeding after our birth. This is wrong. Somethings not right here what happened in the nine days"? Jacob sounded worried.

I was trying to figure things out in my head. Even though that women had stolen us from our biological parents, and I had no remorse for her death. I had a strange feeling that something is missing from our story. I laid back on the floor because I was too tired to move. I was still drained of my energy.

"Sweetheart, it's close to midnight now and at midnight you will change fully. Midnight would make it your actual birthday date. I want you to stay calm and try not to fight it, let it happen. Let your wolf come forward. Stay relaxed it helps you shed your human body. As soon as we know your calm, we can open the doors. The same goes for Jacob". Mom sounded nervous. This must be like her watching her babies take their first steps, or our first words. I could see her eyes she looked like she was proud. Dad must be watching Jacob because I could only see moms face. "You have about five more minutes". Mom told me.

I was getting nervous, if the pain of changing was anything like my headache that started this process, I'm going to freak. I can't handle pain like that all over my body. I started to take long deep breaths, trying to keep myself calm. After a few more moments I noticed my head no longer pounded. It was gone, I felt great. My head was clear, and my stomach wasn't flipping anymore. So I decided to try and stand, It felt like I was gaining some more energy. I stood up to my full height and felt pretty good.

I walked over to the window and placed my hands on the glass. Mom placed her hands on the other side mirroring me. Almost instantly I clutched my stomach with one hand keeping the other on the glass. I had gut wrenching cramping in my stomach area. I looked up and saw a tear trickle down mom's face. This must be it; this must be how it starts. I took a step back and braced myself for what was to come. I tried to keep my breathing even, but jolts of pain shot through my joints. My stomach felt like mild cramping compared to the pain in my bones.