Chapter 7

We were still sitting at the small table eating our Chinese, but I could tell all of us were not interested in eating anymore. Mrs. Carter had said she had more to tell us, but it has been an awkward 10 minuet since she had spoken. I had so many thoughts running through my mind. Are we seriously werewolves, and why now is this all coming out? We have been living here for nearly three and just now we find out shes our mother and he is our father. I have always wanted to meet my parents, I held no resentment over them abandoning us, but Jacob is taking this very hard. He has always held a deep bitterness towards the ones who abandoned us.

Its to quiet, I needed to hear the rest of the story even if Jacob was not ready. I banged my hand on the table, making the wine glasses rattle along with the silverware clinking. Causing the three other people sitting here to jump in their seats. I put on a weak smile just to say I am not mad, just trying to gain their focus. Jacob looked over at me and frowned.

I want her to continue, I need to hear it all. Jacob nodded and looked over the table at mom and dad.

Penny needs to hear the rest; we need to hear everything. Please I need to understand how this all happened? Jacob looked calmer now. I wonder if he was just mad at first because he was worried about me. I hope he understands that I need this. I need a family. I have always felt like something was missing.

I wanted to tell the both of you that we love you we have always loved you. Mom seemed a little relived that we wanted her to finish. So, we waited for her to continue. First I need to give you some background information to help explain everything. Pausing for a breath, then she looked over at us and I just nodded. Jacob had his head hanging low, like he was more interested in his hand in his lap.

Over seventeen years ago I met you father. I knew he was my mate, and with having a mate we fell in love instantly. I knew I was going to be with Richard for the rest of my life, all werewolves have a soul mate, and he was mine. I was from another pack and Richard was over at my fathers home who was the alpha of my old pack. He was there to make a land treaty so Richards pack could cross freely over his land for business reason. My fathers land was smack in the middle of the fastest route for Richards business. Richard did not want any problems and a land treaty was the best way to fix the situation. She stopped to take a drink and catch her breath. I was watching her intently to see if she was lying. So far, I could tell this was the truth.

While Richard was on my fathers land he met me and knew instantly I was his mate, My father thought I would be the best treaty our family could make with Richards pack, you see Richard would never harm my family and my family would never harm my husbands family. Mom was smiling, talking about her husband mad her happy, it made her eyes light up talking about him. How sweet their marriage brought the two packs together?

It was fate that brought me to your mothers family. I was just looking for a treaty, I wanted what was best for my pack, I had no idea that I would find my soul mate that fateful day. We were married right away, but that was just a human formality. When a werewolf finds their mate, they are married in the eyes of our ancestors as they are the ones that pair us up before birth. Once you find your mate, no one can ever take their place. Father spoke for the first time since he blurted out, we were not having a birthday party, I still need to ask about that, but this is way more important to me.

I moved into Richards home right away, and I was accepted into his pack. We wanted to have a family right away. Right away we tried to get pregnant. I always wanted a family. But after a year of nothing happening, we went to the pack doctors to find out what was wrong. It turns out I was unable to conceive and carry children. We were devastated. Mom wiped a tear from her eye when she looked over at us. Jacob was quick to respond. If you cant have children then how are we your children?

This was getting more confusing every minute. I was getting up from the table to get something for my headache that I was starting to get. Penny has a headache she will be right back. Jacob could always tell when I had a headache, I never had to tell him. This was another twin thing we shared. I came back to the table and with pills of relief in my hand. I was going to do something I have never done before. I reached for my mothers glass of wine and took the pills with the wine before anyone had a chance to object. Mom and dad had a look of shock on their face. Jacob spoke up for me and said, Well what do you expect she just got a shock of her life!

I gagged the wine down that was nasty, it tasted like wood, who drinks this stuff, eww. I made a face of disgust, and it made me shiver. Im never doing that again. Jacob smiled at me. Don't worry she wont do that again. She didnt like it. Jacob informed them. Well at least not till shes older mom laughed. With that over with the mood was a little lighter.

I was feeling all warm and fuzzy, must be the wine. It helped me relax even more. Even though its helping I still could not get the taste out of my mouth. It was dry and my tongue felt like sandpaper. Jacob could tell I was having issues and he got up and brought me cold pop from the refrigerator. Yum, Pepsi was my favorite, it went down so well. It relived my overly dry mouth, leaving my throat tingling from the carbonation. Yup that hit the spot, I should have skipped the wine and just got a pop, but I was impulsive. Hey, I'm fifteen it happens. We relaxed a little more and waited for mom to continue with the story. WOW I have a mom I can't believe I'm calling her mom already.

Right so back to what I was saying, I cant have children, so Richard and I thought of other ways to have children. More human ways. Most werewolves are very healthy but when something goes wrong it's usually severe, just like how Penny can't speak. I could not have children. Because of my problem we did not want the pack to know I could not produce an heir. Mom was looking ashamed and dad just gave her a gentle hug and continued to hold her hand.

We told the pack Doctor we were looking at other options to have children, He suggested surrogate, but there were problems with that, he told us that we needed a werewolf female to carry the child because no one has ever had this problem he had no Idea what would happen if the female was human?

Ok so mom is our mom, but another woman gave birth to us. Jacob nodded to me; I think he understood this better than me at the time. Mom continued speaking while Jacob and I were talking.

Your father and I talked about it for a long time. We did not want the pack to know I could not have children but we could not uses a female in another pack, I also have no sister that I could ask to help me and Richard was an only child. We decided to use a human and take the chance.

What were the issues of a human carrying us and why were we abandoned? Jacob was coming out of his anger more and it was replaced with curiosity.

The pack Doctor had said even though the DNA of the mother and father were werewolves there was a chance that the blood in the human might mix with the baby and it would be born as a human or the human would not be able to carry the baby to full term. Dad jumped in and explained the first part, then went on to the second We choose a young girl hoping age would help her carry our child, she stayed at our house and we were paying her to have our baby, we had to keep her a secret from the pack, it was very hard to do because they all could smell a human in our home. We told everyone she was our maid but because she was pregnant at the time she would not be working just yet. Dad kept talking and mom was quiet now.

We did invitro and it took the very first time, we found out at six weeks along she was going to have twins, we were so excited, she was very excited for us as well. Plus, the agency we found her at that helped us get a surrogate said twins pregnancy paid double. She was excited for more money and money was no problem for us. We would have paid her anything, she was giving us the most precious gift of all. Dad was teary eyed and started to cry. I have never seen him cry. He was a hard man a businessman. I started to feel bad for mom and dad, I could tell they loved us very much and were elated to have two babies. So, what went wrong. How come we never ended up in the arms of our real parents. This was going to be a long night I could tell. It was already 10 Pm. But Jacob and I wanted to know everything so we stayed up to late in the night. Mom and dad took turns telling us what happened with the surrogate. And of all the things they did to try and find us.