Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I excepted who our parents were and have had a wonderful time getting to know my family as a real family and not just foster parents. Jacob has had me blocked for three days now. Me and mom have been communicating using our new phones. We went shopping on Monday and mom got us the newest android phones. They are awesome. We must have over 3 thousand texts in just the two days we have had the phones. We got Jacob a phone as well, but he won't open his bedroom door. So, I left it outside his room.

I don't know why we never thought of using text before. It would have been nice not to have to communicate through Jacob. And even after I get my mind link with the family, I will still use text just because I hope to make human friends as well. Our new school is full of werewolves but there are plenty of humans as well. Mom gave me Angel's phone number, but I have been too nervous to text her. Maybe later when it's not so early in the morning I will give her a text.

I hope Jacob gets out of his funk. Dad wants to get to know him more as well. Plus teach him werewolf things. Like mom told me dad must bite me to mark me as part of the pack. Once he does, it will make a connection and I will have the mind link. Mom also informed me that there is a chance I can meet my mate at school. It is always easier to find your mate when you live in a large population of wolves. She was telling me depending on his status he might be able to smell me as his mate, but he would have to have alpha in his heritage to do that. But other than that, we must touch to know and when we do, she said I will know right away who he is.

There are three stages for the mate process. Mom said first you need to find each other than except each other. Second you bite each other marking one another as their mate. Lastly was we had to have sex. I was shocked by this. I'm only going to be sixteen this year. I don't think I'm ready for that. Mom then explained to me, that even though wolves age slower and can live longer we are mature at sixteen. And this was able acceptable for our kind. Therefore, when we change at sixteen years old, we are basically adults in our society. But still bound by the human society in terms of school and such.

Mom said not to fear the bite, because it's a natural thing for us to do. Also, the urge to be with our mate is overwhelming and we will feel the pull towards each other. It would hurt us to try and fight it. I am not sure about all this; I never had a real friend before. I doubt I will be ready for a boyfriend anytime soon.

Mom was taking us to a friend's house today, so we can finally meet someone else. She won't tell me who it is though. I tried to tell Jacob that we were about to leave and if he wanted to go now was the time to join us. But our link was still closed off... So, I had to do it the hard way. I made my way upstairs towards his room. His door was still shut and locked. The phone was still in its original box and nearly in the same place I laid it at.

I know he is eating cause last night I had put a tray with foods he likes outside his door. I would knock and leave. The tray from last night was empty and laying in the hallway.

I knocked on his door and waited for him to say something. I heard nothing so I knocked again this time placing my ear to the door. I can hear his blankets moving and bed springs making a noise. I quickly removed my ear and took a step back. He made his way to the door and opened it.

"What do you want" he yelled at me. I told him "We are going out; would you like to join us? Mom said she's not telling us where we are going, just that we will enjoy ourselves". Using my mind link.

"No, I'm not ready to accept them just yet, I need more time". Then slammed the door in my face.

I don't understand why he needs to act like this. I think we are very lucky to have parents that love us. We could have gotten some awful ones. At least they do not abuse us like Ms. D did. And the fact that they did turn out to be our biological parents.

I met mom outside and I was surprised to see her driving. She was driving her Mustang. I'm not good with cars I can't remember years or models, but I knew this was a Mustang and it was a newer model. It was a shiny black with sparkles. It was nearly blinding me. I raised my eyebrow in a question as to why mom was driving. I have never left the house without David as our driver. And I sure have never been in this car before.

It was amazing. The interior was a dark gray and the dashboard was black and as shiny as the outside paint. The top was down. I never been in a convertible. The weather was good, there was no clouds in sight, and it was nice and warm. I'm glad now that I decided to put my hair up into a tight bun. I could imagine how windy it was going to be. Mom noticed my look.

"Oh, I gave David the day off, beside since it was just the two us, and it gives us some quality time". I smiled in return. I could not wait to see where we were going.

Turns out it was a short drive. I never been in this area before. We were about ten miles from where we lived. We passed mostly wooded areas.

We turned down a long drive, and at the end was a log cabin. It was hidden from the main road. It was kind of small and newer looking. As we pulled to a stop, I notice the door open, and Angel ran out. She looked so excited to see us. She ran over to the mustang and gave me a hug. I was shocked. I had no idea she was so friendly. I have only met her once at the mall where she works.

Angel had on a long flowing summer dress that almost looked like lace. It had tiny spaghetti straps and she wore a red belt just at her waist. It was stunningly simple and yet so elegant. She practically dragged me out of the car. Opening the door and taking my hand we were nearly running into her home. The home was a single-story cabin. We went from the front door down a hallway and straight into what I assumed was her bedroom.

"Oh, my goodness, Penny I'm so excited to see you. I have been wondering when I got to see you next, if I had to wait till class started or if it were before, but oh my god I'm so glad to see you, how are you, how have you been"? Angel was way too excited and talking a mile a minute. She sat us on her bed, and I just looked at her like she was crazy, because this all happened in less than a minute, from the car to her bed. If she were a man, I'd probably be undressed by now with how impulsively fast she was.

I looked at her and smiled. I reached to give her a hug. I was trying to convey how happy I was to her as well. I pulled my phone out of my black skinny jeans and started to text her.

*Wow you talk fast, good thing I type fast*

Angel grabbed her phone and looked at the message. Then like a light went off in her blond head she must have realized I could not voice what I wanted to say. "That's right I forgot Jacob had done all the talking last time, texting is an awesome idea". Goodness this girl has crazy energy.

Angel started to text me back when I sent her another quick text.

*If we r in the same room u can talk and I can text, I'm not deaf. *

Mid typing, she read my text and suddenly she hit her palm to her forehead. Wow she just hit herself. "I'm sorry Penny, I'm acting a little blond today", I smiled back. She was silly.

*Wow I have so much to tell u, so many things have happened since I saw u at the mall. *

I was texting her and she waited to see it on her phone. I could hear my mom in the house talking to whom I assume was Angel's mom. "Oh, I know. Your mom told me. She gave me your new phone number, but I knew you were coming over today, so I was just waiting until I saw you today". She was talking a mile a minute again. It's a good thing I listen well. "So, I was told that Mr. and Mrs. Carter were your real parents, that is so cool cause then you will be in our pack."

My eyes lit up and I looked at her and a light went off in my head. She said pack, does that mean she is a werewolf as well. Does that mean she knows I will shift for the first time soon? Is her mom a werewolf? How many people in this town are? Wow this was a lot to take in. Angel was still talking "I think it's so neat that they found their kids that were taken so long ago. It's amazing. I bet you can't wait to meet your mate; I know I can't wait."

*So, you're a WW too? *

"If WW means werewolf, then yes of course. So is my mom". Angel was still smiling at me. I wonder if her cheeks hurt. This girl had crazy energy.