Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I lay in my bed just taking in Bobby's smell, and thinking about the day before. I don't think I moved all night as Bobby held me in his strong arms. It was the best night of sleep since the night Jacob laid down with me to keep the dreams away. Those very dreams that have haunted me for years I'd never wish what Mrs. D had done to my brother and I on anyone not even my worst enemy. Or what happened with the other homes we were in after Mrs. D died. But if it happened any different, I might not have the family I have now or the life I have now. Things happen for a reason, and I kind of rather like the outcome. Even if we are still trying to figure things out, I have powers and now we need to see what Jacobs's powers are. I wasn't ready for Bobby to find out how bad my past was or that I still had nightmares.

I decided to see if Bobby was awake. I wanted him to go with me to check on Jacob. I felt if I had left my room without telling him he would wake up and freak out.

'Bobby, are you awake.' I said to his mind using our link.

"Yes, sweetheart, I have been awake. I just been lying here watching you. You are so beautiful." He said out loud to me, making me blush. "You're even prettier when you blush" he added while watching me.

'Bobby can you come with me, I want to check in on my brother? I need to see him.' I said looking up at him.

"Well, I'd never let you out of my site, I would go with you to the ends of the earth. You cant get rid of me now." He said causing me to blush even more.

'Ok I'm going to get dressed.' I walked to my closet to fetch something to change into then headed to my bathroom. I passed Bobby, and he smiled at me. He was getting dressed using his clothes from yesterday. He will need some clean clothes if he continues to stay with me, I thought to myself. I needed to remember to tell him to go home and get some or see if daddy could have some brought over.

Just as I finished getting dressed someone knocked on my bedroom door. Bobby went to see who it was. My father came in.

"Your brother is awake; he wants to speak with you." Dad said.

The three of us left my room and walked down the long hallway towards Jacobs's room. I had no idea what condition I would find him in and I was hoping he was doing better than last night. When we reached his room dad said he and Bobby would wait outside Jacobs's room. Bobby expression showed he was not happy with dads order. I placed my hands on his arms and told him I'd be fine. Jacob is my twin, he would never hurt me, 'besides you're just outside the door.' I told him. I gave him a kiss on his cheek and opened Jacobs's door.

Jacobs's room was dim and the morning light was trying to fill his room but his curtains held much of the light at bay. Mom was sitting at the side of his bed, and Jacob was sitting up holding a cup of coffee. I could smell the strong brew. He was not much for drinking coffee but I assumed he needed the dose of caffeine this morning.

Mom stood up and gave me a hug and left the room without a word. I thought that was strange. I took a seat next to my brother, and placed my hand on his hand. He held his cup with the other hand, taking a sip. I could see the steam rise up from the cup. I was staling. I did not know what to say to him and was not sure who was going to speak the first words.

"I'm so sorry Penny, I was to slow, and I didn't even try to stop that man, I didn't even know what to do." Jacob was rambling and I needed to stop him. I gave his hand a squeeze and I spoke.

'It was not your fault you had no idea what was going to happen. I don't blame you and I'm sure if Angel knew you were near she would not blame you as well.' I explained to him.

'Did you know who the man was?' I asked him. He shook his head no.

'That was her father; her father is the same Doctor that helped mom and dad with the surrogate. In fact he is also the same man that killed Bobbie's father. We also think he killed the surrogate and kept father from finding her. I think he knew where she was the entire time him and dad were looking for her.' I blurted out to him. I wanted to catch him up on what we knew now and take his mind from what he witnessed yesterday. There was nothing he could do at the time. He had no idea it was really her father, as far as we knew he was dead. We know he wasn't a member of our pack anymore. No one here has seen him since his supposed death.

I loved my brother he was so strong for the both of us. I'm so sorry he had to witness what happened to Angel. No person should ever have to see someone killed.