Chapter 33

Chapter 33

We sat at the table eating the food mom cooked for us for a long time. It was nice having everyone sitting together and especially treating Bobby as family. It felt good to be part of a loving family. Father had Jacob's mate called so she could be brought to our house. She was told she needed go to a meeting at the pack house. This way Jacob could meet her, and she could learn they were mates. No since in waiting. Dad said she should be with him anyways. He would have his own support system. If our enemy found out who she was she could be in danger as well. I think my brother was afraid of being rejected. We share the same self-esteem issues. Heather was beautiful and very popular in school. We both felt like outcast ever since we were small. It has always been just the two of us. It was hard to open up, and a lot has been happening recently that we needed to adjust to.

It was about noon when Heather made it to our house. Dad had David take her to his office to wait. Bobbie and I went with dad to the basement to use one of the changing rooms to try and use my powers. He said the plain walls and quiet atmosphere might help me concentrate. It was also safer down here. Bobby and dad could be in a separate room telling me different things to try while watching me, to see what all I could do. While we were downstairs Jacob was making his way towards dad's office. I hoped Heather would like my brother.

"Don't worry about your brother; he will be fine the bond will help them get together. Mates were made to be our other half without them we are not whole." Dad said over the intercom.

I was sitting in an old wooden chair, nothing fancy and not comfortable. The room I was in was way cleaner than the changing rooms Jacob and I used a few weeks ago for our first change. This one must not have been used much. So, dad wanted me to sit here and try to concentrate on someone. All I could think about was Bobby. He was farther away from me then he had been for the last two days, I needed him closer. It was very distracting. I think dad had this awful wooden chair in here on purpose. He knew If I got to comfortable, I could fall asleep easy.

"Try to think of Jacob not Bobby." Dad said interrupting my thoughts of Bobby and this chair I hated. I tried concentrating on Jacob. I thought of my brother, knowing he was in my dad's office I tried to visualize him in the office. I tried to remember what he was wearing and what dad's office looked like what it smelled like. I was thinking of the soft overstuffed chair in the office that I loved sinking into. My eyes were closed. A warm feeling came over me; it felt like a fever kind of warm, not like warm air around me it was inside of me. Almost like when I drank that glass of wine.

I was able to see Jacob in my mind; he just entered dad's office and shut the door. I felt like I was an outsider watching. Like a drifting sprit. I was kind of above the scene. Heather was sitting on the couch in dad's office, she was waiting with her hands in her lap just looking around the room. I was trying to get a better view of her and my brother. I felt like I was spying on him.

With my eyes closed and still concentrating on dad's office the temperature in the room changed it was warmer than the basement room I was in. It startled me so I opened my eyes, I was sitting in my dad's office, in the overstuffed chair I loved. Jacob stood wide eye in front of me, and Heather jumped from her seat startled and stared at me. I just sat there, could they really see me was I here or just seeing this?

"How did you do that Penny? "Jacob said to me in total shock.

'You can see me? What's going on? I'm not sure how I got here?' I spoke. Heather just stood there with her mouth open and her bright purple eyes wide still not saying a word.

"You just appeared in the room; I walked in and was about to talk to Heather then you just showed up, kind of fizzled in kind of like fog at first but it was fast." Jacob informed me.

'But I was downstairs with Dad and Bobby.' I was in the middle of telling Jacob what I was doing when Bobby and Dad ran into the office.

"What the hell just happened?" Dad yelled.

"Penny, are you alright?" Jacob said same time dad was talking.

'I don't know, I was thinking about Jacob then I just showed up here.' I told everyone. They all stood around looking at me. Heather just stood there still starring at me her mouth gaping open and still not saying anything.

"Do it again, but don't go as far." Dad said with pure joy in his voice and a half smirk on his lips. "This is amazing you must be able to teleport. Try it again so we can see you, and Jacob go comfort your mate she's in shock." Dad continued and told Jacob. Dad was much too excited about what just happened. I looked over at Bobby, he looked worried sill. I asked him though our link if I should try it again the first time just kind of happened. I wasn't trying to teleport just see what Jacob was seeing. He smiled and shook his head yes.

'Ok, I will try it again; just give me a second to concentrate.' I said to everyone. They all stared at me; it made me feel uneasy with all those eyes on me. How was I going do this? Where was I going to go, could I even do it again. I started by closing my eyes and concentrating, I thought about the couch that was just behind dad. It was brown and it has a soft leathery feel to it. I imagined myself sitting on it and feeling relaxed. The warm fever feeling came over me again. I opened my eyes, and I could see the room move, I was suddenly sitting on my the couch that's I imagined moving to.

I looked up from where I sat and watched dad Jacob and Bobby look around the room in the direction I was at.

"Where did she go this time?" Dad said.

'I'm over here.' I said scaring the crap out of them because all four of them jumped and turned in unison. Looking at me sitting on the couch they all had smiles on their faces except for Heather. Her faced had paled.

'Heather are you ok?' I asked her. She shook her head yes but kept her eyes wide.

Finally, she spoke up "What is going on here?" Looking around at all of us. "Why was I summoned here? And what the hell did that girl just do?" Dad answered her and said that Jacob would explain it to her. Dad told Jacob to take Heather out of the office so he could tell her everything including the part about him being her mate. But I'm sure she figured that part out because she was holding his hand already like he was a lifeline grounding her here. I don't think me teleporting was so important to her anymore. She gazed at my brother with stars sparkling in her eyes. She couldn't keep her eyes off my brother and her gaping mouth was closed now replaced with a smile.

After the two new love birds left the office, we all took a seat, and started to discuss what just happened. I was still a little disoriented, but dad seemed to think this was amazing and I think Bobby enjoyed the idea of his girlfriend being able to teleport.