Chapter 28

Chapter 28

* Jacob POV *

After Angel took Penny and I to school I went to get my schedule then parted from the girls. I had all the opposite classes from my sister. I was kind of happy, this way it would force Penny to open up and talk to others, and I mean mind link with others in the pack. Dad said we could trust members of the pack so I knew any person she met here from our pack was safe. At least I hope he was completely right.

My sister met her mate and most likely she would meet up with him today so I had to let her grow up some and move out from my shadow. Besides I had my own issue with my mate. I was not interested in seeing her. I needed to make sure my sister was alright before I get tangled in a situation of my own.

So far I had not seen my mate around. I had no idea what her name was or what she looked like as a human but I'm sure there are not many girls with lavender eyes around. Walking down the halls to my rooms I tried to see all the girls' eyes but at the same time not bump into any of them. Just because I knew who she was does not mean she knew I was her mate. I only knew because I have an alpha blood line.

It was nearly lunch and I had not seen her. Maybe she did not come to this school I thought to myself. Just as I rounded the corner I saw her. She looked right at me and smiled. Oh, god I hope she did not know I was her mate. She had beautiful black hair, long black. It hung down her back just sitting above her wonderful lush ass. She was wonderfully plump and round in all the right areas. She was no stick in bones girl. I had to turn away from her as I started to drool.

I don't think she knew who I was because she turned back to her friends and continued to talk to them in the halls. I walked past her to get to the lunch room and meet up with my sister. As I walked by I took a whiff of her, she smelled of peppermint and lavender. It was wonderful, my mouth was just salivating, and I had to walk faster because I was second guessing my decision of not being with her right now. Later I told myself. Later I would make it right and be with her, but not yet.

I walked into the lunch room and spotted Penny right away. She had her mate next to her. I could smell him as I entered. I knew who he was but pretended to not know, I wanted to gage his reaction to another boy coming near his mate. He was very positive and pulled her behind him. That's what I wanted to see, and I had to hold back my smile of approval.

At the table while eating we casually talked and kept Penny sandwiched between us. As other boy walked by I could tell he was checking them out and making sure they had no intention of coming near Penny. But when a boy named Kris came and sat right in front of my sister we both became protective. I had seen him in one of my classes but was not sure of him till Penny spoke up. I was becoming proud of her mate he was doing a good job so far watching people around us.

A group of four boys and Angel sat down at our table and I kept quiet at first, watching Bobby watch the boys. Penny called them all the Y boys. Because their names rhymed or something, she is strange sometimes, but they were good guys and Bobby was at ease with them.

I was more worried about Angel; her vibe had changed since this morning. She was being rude to my sister and I did not like her attitude. Something was up and I was going to find out. She smelled different and my wolf was becoming overprotective.

I stayed quiet only talking if I needed to, mostly observing my sisters new friends. They were all men and I could tell they respected her. My sister was happy for the first time in a while. I wanted it to stay this way.

Suddenly just before lunch was over, my father used his link and had entered my mind. His voice sounded worried, but I kept my face emotionless so not to draw suspicion to myself.