Sophomore Year.

"I'm quitting marching band and robotics lab."

"What? No! Why would you do that?"

"It takes up so much time and if there's an emergency—"

"There won't be any," She rolled her eyes, stopping at the school's entrance. "I'm gonna be deadly honest with you because we're friends and I don't want you to mess up your perfect curriculum just for Tony!"

"I was thinking that maybe if I prove to him that we're super responsible then maybe he'll let you patrol with me again..."

"It has nothing to do with you, okay?" She grabbed him by the shoulders. "He's not gonna call. It's not because you're young, which yes it's a small part of it— but he's not looking to rebuild the team, alright? Pepper's back and he's doing everything to keep her. That includes not endangering two fifteen-year-olds just for the sake of having his glory back."

"Okay, okay, I get it!" He pushed her hands away. 

"Good," C.C. started to walk up the stairs again.

"I'm still going to quit, though."

She was about to snap at him when the sound of a rumbling engine cut through their argument. The girl lost her balance, Peter was quick to catch her.

"Thank you," She looked at the person that had parked near the entrance. "Who's the idiot?"

On queue, the older guy took off his helmet.

"Shit," She groaned. "That's our idiot."

Pietro had dyed his hair back to his original reddish-brown color. He was no longer modeling sporty outfits and had a leather jacket on him that he was clearly proud to be wearing.

To her dismay, the boy walked directly towards them, ignoring —or at least pretending to— all the hungry gazes he was getting.

"What's up!" He high-fived a still dazed Peter, then looked at her with a sly smile. "Hello, my dearest little sister."

"You can't park there," was all she responded.

"Oh, really?" He pretended to be surprised. "Had no idea. Rookie mistake, Copy—"

"C.C."

"Yeah, that," He smirked. "Sorry."

"Acting like a jerk is only going to get you in trouble," She approached menacingly and poked his chest. "Now move your stupid bike."

"Alright, m'going!" He frowned, lifting both hands in surrender. "But you'll have to help me find my way around once I'm back, so you better wait for me!"

Once he left, Peter looked at her barely containing his excitement. 

"This is great, C!"

"How was that great?" She scowled. "He's bringing all this attention to us, that's exactly what we don't want!"

"We do want it, we want this kind of attention," Peter lowered his voice so the kids around them couldn't hear. "He's going to be popular around here! Ned's going to lose his mind when he meets your 'brother'!"

C.C. whimpered, letting her head fall on Peter's shoulder.

"I just wanted to have a quiet, normal year..."

"Hey, you'll have it," He moved her away to lock eyes. "I just... I just want to be cool for a change."

"You're cool."

"C'mon, you know that's a lie," He sulked. 

"Fine," She groaned. "Fine! It'd be selfish if I don't let you do things you enjoy just cause I don't find them interesting. It'd also be rude if Pietro's looking forward to having a normal life, and it's obvious that he loves the spotlight."