Peter Parker's Detective Agency.

"The party was a disaster, everyone started chanting 'Penis Parker' and I called Peter so he would go home instead of back to Liz's place."

"Why did it take him so long? He was away a whole hour," C.C. frowned. 

"He said he saw something related to the weapons the guys at the ATM had used and went to investigate."

"On his own? He hasn't called me at all since last night, what's wrong with him?"

"You can ask him," Ned responded. "I'm not getting involved in your thing with Peter."

C.C. forced Pietro to promise he wouldn't say a thing to Peter about the previous night, she'd made MJ promise the same thing, and now she was trying to forget she'd burst into tears in front of her friends, she was uncomfortable and tense, and this new information wasn't making things better.

The girl didn't speak for the most part of the morning, and when Peter told her to meet him at the workshop her anger only increased, yet she kept it quiet, waiting for the moment he would notice she was upset.

Right now, however, he was striking a piece of the Chitauri weapon with little to no safety measures, and she was glaring at him from a safe place at the far corner of the table.

"Hey, thanks for bailing on me," Ned approached them.

Peter barely reacted. "Yeah, well, something came up."

He showed Ned the little glowing rock and their friend stared in awe.

"What is that?"

"I don't know. Some guy tried to vaporize me with it," He said casually.

C.C. scoffed, but the boys didn't seem to hear. 

"Seriously?"

"Yeah..."

"Awesome!" Peter gave him an annoyed look and Ned fixed his mistake. "I mean, not awesome. Totally uncool of that guy. SO scary."

"...Well, look, I think it's a power source..."

"Yeah, but it's connected to all these microprocessors— that's an inductive charging plate, that's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

C.C. leaned closer to see, she wasn't much of an expert when it came to tech talk, she wasn't much of an expert at anything except espionage and fighting techniques. She'd been taught to use some high-tech stuff at S.H.I.E.L.D, but she'd never been shown how to build it from scratch.

"Whoever's making these weapons is combining alien tech with ours," Peter explained. 

"That is literally the coolest sentence anyone has ever said," Ned breathed.

"Friday said it first," She grumbled.

Peter glanced at her but Ned spoke and distracted the boy from her bad mood.

"I just want to thank you for letting me be part of your journey, into this amazing—"

Peter slammed the hammer against the object and the glowing stone flew out of the table.

"Keep your fingers off the blades!" The teacher warned absently.

C.C. lost her patience.

"Can you be any less careful?" She hissed. "That Chitauri thing could blow up a whole city for all we know and you're here hammering against it! Hand it over!"

She snatched the hammer away from his hand, the boys shared a panicky expression. Peter spoke in a slightly frightened tone. "You okay, C.C?"

She glared at him, picking up her stuff hastily.