The Easiest Way To Get Killed.

"You really don't feel any kind of attraction?"

"I just said that so they would stop asking," She mumbled, head propped on one hand. "I actually don't know. Love, love, love," C.C. rolled her eyes. "Is all teenagers think about?"

"I also like star wars, legos, and tech stuff."

C.C. muttered swear words under her breath. "I don't see why it's such a big deal that I don't have a crush- MJ doesn't have one either!"

"Yeah, but she's MJ," Ned shrugged. "She's dark and evasive, it's her brand."

"What's my brand?"

"You're the rich, sweet-looking kid," He explained. "People expect you to be one of those that fall in love easily and read poetry under a tree... the ones that date bad guys thinking they can fix them."

"What does that mean?" She grabbed her hair and pulled lightly. "That doesn't make any sense! It's stupid!"

"It's just the vibe," Ned retorted calmly. "It's also the fact that you're still the new girl, people will stop annoying you at some point. You'll be like everyone else eventually, and they won't care about your interests."

"That day needs to get here faster," She huffed.

***

Happy decided to teach her how to make pasta. He'd turned the tv so they could have background noise, but the movie playing on the screen caught C.C.'s attention:

"Oh c'mon, all she did was take off her glasses!"

"What?" Happy looked up from his chores and raised a brow.

"That movie's dumb," She complained. "Predictable and dumb. And old. Why are they still showing it on tv?"

"You can change the channel if you want," He said distractedly. "The water's ready, by the way, hand me the pasta..."

C.C. passed him the bowl while also asking F.R.I.D.A.Y to change the channel, the television showed her a news segment in which they were debating the Avengers' actions during Ultron's attack.

"I don't understand, we stopped the threat and we were willing to die, doesn't that prove we have only the best intentions?"

"Not all of them see it that way," Happy answered. "Those countries are ignored most of the time, people pay them attention only when things like this happen, they don't want the Avengers near cause it usually means trouble's coming."

"Who are we helping, if not them?" She frowned.

"The greater good," He sighed.

"That should be enough, don't you think? Doesn't that help the most?"

"Not always, kid."

_________________

"Webs?"

"Hmm?"

"You think the Avengers are good?"

"Of course! They're like the best group of people. They save the world, who wouldn't think they're good?"

"Lots of people, apparently," She groaned. "Have you seen the news?"

"You mean what happened at Sokovia?" He asked. "Yeah, but it's complicated, isn't it? I mean, more people would've died if you guys hadn't done anything."

"It was kind of our mess, to begin with," Copycat grimaced. "Tony made Ultron, remember? It was his mistake."

"Yeah, but he fixed it with Vision," Her friend shrugged. "He would never abandon people in need."