Copycat & Spider-man.

"Happy valentine's!"

Peter's arm came into view, he was holding a sandwich from Delmar's.

"Your favorite," He kissed her cheek.

"Aww, you shouldn't have," She grabbed the meal and drew out something from her pocket. "Happy day..."

Peter opened the handmade card and found two tickets for the movies along with a handwritten note that read: 'Valid for one visit to the cat cafe c:'

"A coupon and two tickets for the movies?" Peter said excitedly. "You think Ned's free to go out tonight?"

"Hey, you're supposed to use those with me!" She pouted. 

"Oh really? I didn't know," Peter smirked, he loved teasing her, she'd always been easy to fool.

"You're not allowed to be mean, Peter," C.C. bopped his nose. "Not today!"

"'kay, sorry," He grinned, wrinkling his nose to get rid of the sting. 

"I got MJ a bar of her favorite chocolate and I bought Ned a brand new mouse pad— look, it's a dog laying on his belly, the belly's the bulky part!"

"Aww haha, that's so cute!" Peter responded. "Hey, the sandwich's only the first part of my gift, by the way! Don't think I'm done with you!"

"I hope you didn't try to go over the top, I told you there was no need..."

"No no, it's nothing crazy..."

He closed her locker and took her hand, walking her through the hallways until they found his locker.

"Look at this," He took something from the top shelf and showed it to her.

Peter placed it on her hands carefully, C.C. stared at the tiny crystal rectangle: It looked like the pads the Avengers used to project stuff, but this one had a plastic base on one of the sides, and there was a small switch under it.

"It's a digital picture frame. Turn it on and you'll see the pics I uploaded."

"Did you do this from scratch?"

"It wasn't hard! You don't have to use batteries or anything, just place it near sunlight..."

"What pictures did you upload?"

"The one I took the day we went to PYM technologies," he beamed, "it's crazy how different things are now... I put some from the day at Stark Expo, the homecoming pics you took with Ned, your birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's..."

"This is lovely," Her chest warmed up. "You're the best! I feel a little silly about my gift now..."

"I love your gift! I'll be careful to spend the coupon responsibly," He smiled.

C.C. pecked his lips. "You're the coolest boy I've ever met."

Peter's gaze softened, a little smile played on his lips. "I love you."

It was rare for C.C. to be rendered speechless, she didn't know what to say back, so instead, she buried her face on his shoulder and hugged him tightly.

***

The girl had been uncharacteristically quiet during the evening, it was putting her boyfriend on edge, the last thing he wanted was to make C.C. feel pressured.

"I'm ready to share," She spoke abruptly.

Peter stumbled over his feet and C.C. stopped him from falling.

"What'd ya say?"

She looked around and then offered her hand, Peter took it with no hesitation.

"What's—"

She dragged him into an alleyway, pushing him against a wall.

"Oof!" He coughed. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry," She stepped back. "You know I don't like cutting my hair..."

"Yeah?" He said in confusion. "Because you don't like how it looks."

"That's only half true," she stared at her feet, "I also dislike ponytails and tight braids, but it's not because of how they look... I love them, but..."

C.C. took a deep breath, she had to remind herself she was safe, sharing this wasn't going to hurt her.

"I've got a scar," She said. "It's ugly. It feels big and bulky, right where my nape is... that's why I don't like it when you try to play with my hair."

"Oh," Peter replied, finally understanding. "Does it hurt?"

"No, I just don't want to gross you out, so I never showed it to you. Not even Pietro knows about it."

"Gross me out?" He frowned. "It's just a scar..."

"Yeah, but it's big... and they... they did it to me," She fought back the tears. "I don't know why, but it scares me to think they put something in, that if they press a button maybe I'll die or..."

"Did no one ever try to check?" He asked worryingly. 

"Banner didn't see anything wrong," She shrugged. "I don't know if I'm fine, but that scar is proof that I was once a lab rat. I hate it."

Peter grabbed her hand and turned it so the palm was facing up. He placed his own hand on top of hers.

"Show me?"

"It's ugly, Pete..."

"I just wanna know where it is so I stay away if that's what you want."

With both hands, she held his and pondered silently. Peter waited, he knew how things worked with her. Eventually, she guided his hand, his fingers moved through curls until they finally came into contact with skin.

"Doesn't feel that big," he whispered.

C.C.'s eyes brimmed with tears, he kept his hand where she'd put it and leaned down to kiss her. However, in the middle of the moment, Peter's index finger pressed a certain point and made her jump away.

Flashes of old memories disoriented her, Peter held her by the shoulders and called her name several times.

"Copycat!"

She gasped crashing sideways against the brick wall.

"What was that?"

"What thing?" He frowned. "You were fine and then you were crying out in pain!"

"I... I don't know," She rubbed her neck. "That'd never happened before..."

"Maybe you're tired..." Peter said, not really believing his own words. "It's been a long day, in a good and kinda bad way."

"All good," She corrected.

Peter nodded silently, pushing some locks of hair out of her face.

"You're feeling better?"

"Yes."

"Good," He guided her out of the alleyway. "I'll walk you home."

Her nerves were better now that she was at her doorstep, she turned the keys and opened the door, Peter was about to wish her goodnight when Pietro rushed past them ignoring C.C.'s scolding. He'd just come back from work, and in his hand, there was a letter.

"I got in!" He waved the paper in the air. "I got in!"

"No way!"

The couple walked over to their friend, Pietro squeezed them and Peter managed to lift her and the older boy at the same time, causing her to chortle.

"I'm proud of you, P.J!" She smirked. "I was expecting you to become a high school drop-out a week after you entered..."

"Told you I was as smart as any of you," He ruffled her hair. "Growing up doesn't sound as terrible now!"

"Yeah," She locked eyes with Peter, giving him a bright smile. "Not bad at all..."