C.C.'s First Date.

About six hours after Happy dropped Peter, C.C. got a call from the boy.

"I messed up!" He said, it sounded like he was whispering. "May walked into my room while I was in the Spider-man suit and she freaked out—"

"Oh, Peter," She pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'm sorry, but you'll have to deal with that on your own, it's your aunt."

"I know— it's just... she'll want to talk to you afterward. Once she hears the whole story..."

"When?" 

"Probably tomorrow?"

She sighed, at least tomorrow they'd have the whole morning to rehearse their explanation.

_________________

"Your boyfriend does a terrible job at hiding his identity," Pietro raised a brow. "First his friend and now his aunt?"

"To be fair, at least it's people that care about him and won't go around telling his secret," She shrugged. "I have to go to his place tonight, apparently May wants to talk to me about this hero stuff..."

"Should I go?"

"She doesn't know you have powers."

"Yeah, but she'll know after this, she's not an idiot," He rolled his eyes. 

"Maybe this will make things easier?" She ventured. "The less alone he is, the better. I think."

That dinner was one of the most awkward interactions she'd ever had, and that was saying something. May wasn't rude to her, she asked a lot of questions, just like Peter she didn't treat her any different now that she knew C.C.'s true nature. 

Peter also let slip that he'd asked her on a date and the situation turned even more embarrassing. It was a different kind of awkward, at least this one made C.C. feel giddy.

"C.C? Can I speak with you for a moment?" May signaled to the kitchen.

She followed her without really knowing how the woman was feeling. May crossed her arms loosely and smiled at her sweetly.

"I want to ask you a favor."

"Oh?"

"Go easy on him?" May said quietly. "Peter's a good boy, but he's inexperienced. I don't want him to feel pressured, and you know he'd never say no to you—"

"Oh, May, I-I'm not—" She blushed. "I don't know what I'm doing either."

"Oh," The woman said in surprise. "Really? I mean, not that I'm saying you're some kind of—"

"No no, I get it, I'm a secret agent so I must've had a precocious life," She said casually. "But I never... this is the first time I feel this way about someone, and I'm a little scared, actually, but I trust Peter. I'm glad my heart," She made a face. "Or whatever... chose him."

May stepped closer and placed both hands on C.C.'s shoulders, giving them a loving squeeze. 

"My opinion of you hasn't changed at all, C.C. You're a good girl, I know you'll keep Peter safe because you care about him."

"I will. He's my best friend."

________________

Whenever she ran into Peter at school or locked eyes with him in the hallway, his smile would look vastly different. It was a knowing grin, almost felt like he was teasing her, but he never made a comment that made her uncomfortable.

When Friday arrived C.C. wasn't sure of what to do with herself. Pietro wasn't around, he'd just gotten a job at some corner store so she wouldn't see him until dinner.