Chapter 27

Y/N's POV

We were going to Donya's funeral as a last attempt to stop Karli without a fight. We walked down the street, but we stopped when we heard a familiar voice, and at that moment, I knew that our attempt at a peaceful solution was useless.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit" Walker said as he ran towards us.

"How'd you find us now ?!" Bucky screamed.

"You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention ?" Lemar asked.

"No more keeping us in the dark. You can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison" Walker said.

"He did that himself, technically" I said.

"There better be an unbelievable explana-" Walker's sentence was cut short by Sam.

"Take it easy. Before it gets weird"

"I know where Karli is" Zemo stated.

"Well, where ?" Walker asked, demanding answers.

"All we know is, it's a memorial. So we're gonna intercept her there. That means civilians. High risk of casualties" Sam explained.

"All right, good. We'll move in fast. Take her by surprise"

"No. I want to talk to her alone. I'm not losing her again. Look, the person closest to her just died, she's vulnerable. Now is the best time to reason with her" Sam said.

"What ? No. Wait, no. Stop. Hold on, okay?" Walker said walking in front of us and stopping us from walking further."I think we're way past reasoning with her. Unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it"

"Sam, if you walk in there cold, she could kill you" Lemar said.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong more people will die" Sam said.

"You guys are letting him do this ? Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone ?" John asked Bucky and I.

"He's dealt with way worse" I said.

"And he's not our partner" Bucky added.

"I used to counsel soldiers dealing with trauma, okay ? This is in my wheelhouse" Sam explained.

"I know those soldiers, which is why I know this is a bad idea"

"Wait, John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try" Lemar said to his partner.

"We'll deal with you later" John told Zemo with a glare.

"I'm sure it will all come to an agreeable conclusion. My associate is right up ahead" Zemo said as we began walking towards the little girl he talked to earlier.

Zemo handed the girl some money for her family and she showed us the way.

~

We were in a small room. The door in front of us lead to where the ceremony was being held. Sam began walking towards the door as we stayed there.

Walker handcuffed Zemo, to make sure he wouldn't try to escape.

"You got ten minutes, then were doing things my way" Walker told Sam before he left.

Bucky stood in front of the door, in case John tried to ruin our plan.

John glared at Bucky who was calm.

"This is a bad idea" Walker said, disbelief in his voice.

"It hasn't been ten minutes. Just sit tight" Bucky said.