Chapter 14

Y/N's POV
22 Days Later

After the battle with Thanos, we left Wakanda and went to the Avengers Compound. Everyone was mourning. We had all lost someone. Not only that, but we felt useless. We hadn't managed to defeat Thanos and because of us, trillions of beings had disappeared.

I was sitting in an office with Nat when the floor started shaking.

We ran outside, where the others were waiting. A woman with blond hair was carrying a spaceship. Inside that spaceship was none other than Tony Stark.

Tony got out of the ship and walked towards us. He was extremely skinny and he wad obviously sick. His fiancé, Pepper ran towards him and hugged him.

Once he let go of Pepper, Steve helped Tony walk inside. He couldn't stand on his own.

I would've helped him walk, but last time we saw each other he was trying to kill me, so I opted against it.

~

We were in a meeting. Pictures of the people who had died were being shown. We were discussing what to do next. Thanos was still out there somewhere.

A picture of Bucky was shown. I held in my tears. Natasha put an arm around my shoulder. She knew how hard this was for me.

Natasha and I became good friends during and after the battle. She helped me deal with my loss. She understood how I felt.

"World government are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did. He did exactly what he said he'd do. Thanos wiped out 50 % of living creatures" Natasha explained.

"Where is he now ?" Tony asked, sitting down on a wheelchair with an IV next to him.

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked trough" Steve said.

"What's wrong with him ?" Tony asked pointing at Thor.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course, he did, but there's a lot of that going around, ain't there ?" Rocket, the racoon, answered.

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a build-a-bear" Tony said.

"Maybe I am" Rocket said with a small laugh.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep space scans and satellites. We got nothing" Steve said. "Tony you fought him"

"Who told you that ? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet. While the Bleecker Street magician gave away the stone. There was no fight because he's not beatable" Tony said, getting up.

"Did he give you any clues, coordinates, anything ?" Steve asked.

Tony didn't even answer. He ripped out the needles from his arm.

"You said we'd lose together. And guess what Cap ? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do right ? Our best work after the fact ? We're the Avengers not the Pre-vengers" Tony began walking towards Steve.

Rhodes tried to make Tony sit back down.

"You made your point. Just sit back down" Rhodes said with a sigh.

Tony began saying random nonsense. He kept on insulting Steve. He then ripped out his arc reactor and handed it to Steve, before finally falling to the floor.

~

We left Tony in a room with Pepper so he could get better while we figured out what to do. Carol began walking away.

"Where are you going ?" Steve asked

"To kill Thanos" She said.

"You know, we usually work as a team here and between you and me, moral's a little fragile" Natasha said to the blond haired woman.

"We realize up there is your territory, but this is our fight too" Steve added.

"Do you even know where he is ?" I asked her.

"I know people who might" She answered.

"Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is" Nebula said. "I'd ask Thanos where he would go once his plan was complete. His answer was always the same. 'To the Garden'" Nebula explained.

"That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan" Rhodes joked.

"So, where is he ?" Steve asked.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago" Rocket said while showing a picture of a planet.

"Thanos is there" Nebula said.

"If we do this how do we know its going to end any differently than it did before ?" Bruce asked.

"Because before you didn't have me" Carol said.

"Hey, new girl ? Everybody in this room is already about that superhero life" Rhodes told her.

We waited in silence until we all somehow agreed to go kill Thanos.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch" Steve said.

"I've never, in my 100 years of living, heard you swear Steve. I'm surprised" I said.

Nat laughed.

~

We were on a ship. Rocket was driving towards the planet Thanos was supposedly on.

Rocket turned around to face us.

"Who here hasn't been to space ?" Rocket asked.

Steve, Natasha, Rhodes and I raised our hands.

"You better not throw up on my ship"

When we finally made it, Carol went first to see if Thanos was really there.

While we waited, I noticed that Steve was looking at his compass with Peggy's picture.

"You know, Bucky had a compass with my picture in it. He stole the idea from you" I told him.

"I know. It's still at the museum. Maybe I'll steal that next time" Steve said with a small smile.

Carol then came back and told us that Thanos was there by himself. We landed and made our way to a small cottage. Thanos was inside the small house.

We all quickly made our way inside. Carol held Thanos's head while Bruce, who was wearing the hulkbuster suit, and Rhodes held his hands. Thor then cut off Thanos's gauntlet, his hand with it, using stormbreaker.

Rocket lifted the gauntlet to grab the infinity stones, but they were gone.

"Where are they ?" Steve asked calmly.

No answer.

"Where are they !" I screamed.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation" Thanos said.

"You murdered trillions !" Bruce screamed while pushing the weakened Thanos.

"You should be grateful !" Thanos said.

Bruce punched him.

"Where are the stones ?" Natasha asked.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms"

"You used them two days ago !" Bruce said getting angrier and angrier.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am inevitable"

"We have to tear this place apart. H-He has to be lying" Rhodes suggested.

"My father is many things, but liar is not one of them" Nebula said.

"Thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly" Thanos said before Thor sliced his head off.

"What did you do ?" Rocket asked in shock.

"I went for the head" Thor said, emotionless.

Published : 31-08-21
Number of Words : 1159
Edited : 15-08-22