Chapter 31

Y/N's POV

Sam had finally called us to put an end to Karli's plans. She had hijacked a GRC meeting, and who knows what she had planned next. We were outside the building with the authorities.

"What's the plan ?" Bucky asked Sam over the earpiece.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open" Sam said.

"It could be anybody" I said as we walked.

"Sergeant Barnes, Agent Rogers" An officer said to us as they nodded in respect.

We kept on walking and looking at our surroundings.

"By the way, I called some backup" Sam said.

"Excuse me, are you supposed to be here ?" A person asked from behind us.

We turned around and the person took off their mask and wig. It was Sharon.

"What are you doing here ?" I asked her.

"No one's looking for me here, I'm fine" She said.

"Do I hear Sharon ?" Sam said.

"Unfortunately" Bucky said.

"Hey Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together" Sharon said.

"They're going to move soon. Be ready" Sam told us.

We walked towards the sides of the building to see if anyone was there.

"Y/N, Bucky how are things on your end ?" Sam asked.

"Nothing, all quiet" I answered.

"Karli's trying to force everybody out of the building" Sam said.

Sharon, Bucky and I ran inside the building. We walked trough the metal detector and it rang. It couldn't be Bucky, Vibranium didn't make metal detectors react. It had to be Sharon.

I turned around to face her.

"Oops" She said.

"Here's one of them" I said as we looked at a soldier who was clearly a Flag Smasher.

"We'll get the evacuation" Bucky said as we walked away from Sharon.

A woman on the phone walked towards us.

"Mr. Barnes, Miss Rogers, it's Karli" She said as she handed us her phone and left.

Bucky put the phone on speaker so we could both hear.

"Aren't you tired of fighting for the wrong side ?" Karli said.

"We've done this before kid, we know how it ends" Bucky said.

"It doesn't matter if I don't survive this. I'm fighting for something bigger then myself. With all the bodies the two of you have collected can you say the same ?" Karli said.

"That's all we've ever wanted to do. Do I need to refresh your memory ? The second world war ? The fight against Thanos ? We've fought for things bigger than ourselves and we failed twice" I said.

"You think your cause justifies all this death, but in the end the nightmares won't go away. You're gonna remember all the ones you've killed. Trust me. Don't do this. Don't go down this path" Bucky explained.

"If that's how you feel, you should sit this one out" Karli answered.

"Come on, you know we won't do that" Bucky said.

"I'm glad you took my call. You've both been a big help" Karli said as she hung up.

"Damn it" Bucky swore as we ran towards the garage.