Chapter 8

Y/N's POV

Bucky had found out that there was an exposition about Captain America at the Smithsonian. The expo showed every little detail about Steve's life. The museum would probably have information on us and if not, the pictures shown might trigger some memories.

We both slowly started to remember our pasts. We would do anything to get our memories back.

As we walked inside the museum, I saw pictures of Steve everywhere. One display caught my eye in particular. There was a whole section dedicated to Bucky and I.

I grabbed Bucky's hand and brought him towards a giant picture of himself.

A narrator started to read the text written next to the picture.

"Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes, Steven and Y/N Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield. Y/N and Bucky became more than friends. They were inseparable. Even after Y/N's death, Bucky stayed strong and continued to fight. Sadly he fell from a Hydra train to his death. Barnes and Y/N are the only members of the Howling Commando to give their lives in service of their country"

As the narrator finished, we walked towards the next display, which had a picture of me. The narrator again started to read my life's story.

"Y/N Rogers is Steve's twin sister. Unlike her brother, Y/N grew up and became very strong for a woman of her time. She became one of the first female agents with her good friend Peggy Carter. When the war broke out, she joined the Howling Commando with Steve and Bucky. She was attacked by Hydra soldiers and died, her body was not found. The bracelet in this box is the only thing that was found. The bracelet was given to her by Bucky"

"I remember giving you that" Bucky said, pointing at the transparent box that kept my bracelet.

"It was before you left, right ?" I asked with a smile.

We walked next to multiple transparent boxes that held some of our belongings.

One of the boxes contained Bucky's compass. Next to the box was a small screen that showed a video of the time I asked Bucky if he had a picture of me in his compass.

Other boxes contained letters, pieces of clothing and other things we may have had on us at the time.

We walked in a room full of people. In front of us was a screen playing videos of us.

"We should get going now, Doll, we don't want anyone finding us before we've even escaped"

We walked outside and left

"Where are we going ?" I asked.

"Romania"

~

Bucky and I had left Hydra two years ago. We had been living in Romania ever since. We didn't have a lot of money, so we lived in a very small apartment.

Hydra had taught us many languages, so we were able to live here with no language barrier.

We were at the market. Bucky was looking at some fruit before buying it and leaving.

As we walked down the street we noticed a man selling newspaper looking at us weirdly. As we walked towards him he ran away.

Bucky grabbed the newspaper and read the title.

"Shit"

"What is it ?" I asked.

He showed me the headline.

"Winter Soldiers cause an explosion in Vienna. King T'chaka of Wakanda among the victims"

"Do you think they found us ?"