Chapter 29

Y/N's POV

We were walking down the street as Sam talked to his sister on the phone. Sam was standing in between Bucky and I since I refused to talk to him.

Sam sighed as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"What happened ?" Bucky asked.

"Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews. She wants to meet, she left a contact number"

An unknown number texted Sam, it was Karli. The message said to meet her alone.

"I'm coming with you" I said.

"I didn't plan on going alone" Sam said.

~

We changed into our combat suits, and we walked inside the GRC building we were in before, which had been completely abandoned.

"Karli !" Sam screamed.

She was on the second floor. We walked towards where she was.

"You called my sister ? That's how we're gonna play this ?" Sam said, angry.

"I would never hurt her. I wanted to understand you better. I see you didn't come alone" She said, disappointed.

"You have to end this now" Sam stated.

"I don't want to hurt you. You're just a tool in the regimes I want to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were here to kill you, it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you to join me. Or do the world a favour and let me go" Karli said.

"The new Cap is moving" Sharon said in our earpiece. Even though she was in Madripoor, she could still help us.

"It's Walker" Sam told Bucky and I who stood in opposite direction.

Karli jumped off the second floor and started running away. Bucky and I jumped too, while Sam flew.

"I'll send you the location, go" Sam said to Bucky and I.

We ran after Karli. We ended up in a smaller building. We tried going up the stairs, but a Flag Smasher stopped us. He punched Bucky, until I grabbed him and pushed him down the stairs.

"That doesn't mean anything" I said, angrily.

Bucky gave me a sad look and nodded.

We ran towards a big room where Sam and Walker were fighting some Flag Smashers. Someone threw a knife at us but I caught it.

A Flag Smasher ran towards Bucky, but Bucky pushed him to the floor and I threw the knife I had in my hand close to the man's face.

An enemy was about to attack Sam while he had his back turned, but I punched him before he could do anything.

"You're welcome" I said.

Karli ran inside the room, but Lemar tried to stop her. She pushed him off her and he knocked his head on a pillar. He started bleeding.

We stopped fighting and Walker walked towards his friend. He tried waking him up, but Lemar was dead.

The Flag Smashers began running away. Sam, Bucky and I decided to go after them.

Outside, we found a crowd that had formed around someone that we couldn't see. We walked towards the people the crowd circled around, and what we saw shocked us.

Walker standing over a Flag Smasher's dead body, blood all over the shield.

All the bystanders filmed Walker as he looked at them.

~

Walker had ran away to an abandoned building, where we managed followed him. He looked lost in thoughts.

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good" Walker said, as if nothing happened.

"Stop, Walker"

"You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to ! He killed Lemar !" Walker said, trying to explain his decision.

"He didn't kill Lemar, John" Bucky said.

"Don't go down that road, it doesn't end well" I added.

"I'm not like you" Walker answered.

"Listen, it was the heat of the battle, okay ? If you explain what happened they may consider your record. We don't want anyone else to get hurt. You gotta give me the shield man" Sam said, trying to reason with him.

"So that's what this is. You almost got me" Walker whispered.

"You made a mistake"

"You don't want to do this" Walker said.

"Yeah, we do" I said.

We began fighting. We had to take the shield away from Walker. Somehow, Walker was able to push Bucky away from him. It would've been impossible for a normal person to beat a Super Soldier. There was only one possible answer.

"You took the serum" I said, shocked as I tried taking the shield away from him.

"I did. Just like Steve, just like you"

"I didn't have a choice. That serum is a curse" I said.

Sam hit Walker with his wings. Bucky and I tried punching him, but he was able to block the attacks.

John threw the shield at Bucky to stop him. He then ran towards Bucky, but Bucky used the shield to defend himself.

"Why are you making me do this ?" John said.

He threw Bucky away from himself. Bucky landed on a pillar and his metal arm started glitching.

John managed to get on top of Sam and he was about to smash his head with the shield.

I grabbed the shield, and Sam got away from Walker. Walker attached the shield to his arm, making me loose my grip on the shield. I ran towards Sam.

"This isn't you John" Sam said.

"We could've been a team" John said.

Sam flew over John and used a wire to grab the shield. John managed to pull the wire towards himself, making Sam fall.

The shield was on the floor. Sam tried running towards it, but John grabbed him before he could.

I ran towards the shield and took it. When I looked back at Sam, Walker had ripped off his wings.

I took the shield and threw it at Walker. Bucky ran towards us, and began punching John as I hit him multiple times with the shield. Walker fell to the floor.

Bucky, Sam and I ran away from Walker as he slowly got up.

"It's mine" He said, referring to the shield.

"It never was" I said as I held the shield close to me.

"It's mine" He kept on saying.

"It's over John" Sam said.

John ran towards Bucky, but Bucky grabbed him, and threw him against the floor.

I walked towards Sam and handed him the shield. He began slowly wiping the Flag Smasher's blood off the shield.

Published : 11-01-22
Number of Words : 1076
Edited : 09-09-22