Chapter 19

Y/N's POV
6 Months Later

(Italic = Y/N's dream)

The soldier and I were in a hotel, we had multiple targets to eliminate and very little time. We were hiding behind some sort of paper wall and we waited for the right time to attack.

A guard was standing on the other side of the wall. The soldier used his metal arm to grab the guard's neck and drag him to our side of the wall.

Multiple people tried stopping us, but we were too fast for them.

I looked at the soldier and nodded. I jumped down the staircase, while he shot our enemies. I took care of the guards and targets on the first floor.

The soldier soon ran towards me. There were only two targets left. They were defenceless.

The soldier grabbed one of them and began chocking him. He pushed him in a hallway and killed him. The other target was also in the hallway, he tried escaping but I threw one of my knives directly into his throat, killing him and making his body hang on the wall.

"Hail Hydra" I said.

We heard the sound of a key twisting. When we turned our heads to look at the noise, we saw a young man. He was shaking and desperately trying to open a door. He made direct eye contact with us.

We began walking towards him, slowly.

"Please, I didn't see anything" He said multiple times.

I took my gun and shot him in the head two times.

I gasped. I was laying on the floor and Bucky was next to me. Bucky woke up too.

"Are you alright ?" He asked.

"I-I had a nightmare, again" I said with a shaky voice.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"Do you want to talk about it ?"

"It was about one of out missions. W-We had to kill some targets and a witness was there and I shot him. It was Yori's son" I said.

Bucky stayed silent for a little bit.

"It'll be alright. We should go back to sleep. We have an appointment in the morning" He said.

3rd Person POV

"You're going to have to tell her" Dr. Raynor said.

"Tell her what ?" Bucky asked, pretending he didn't know exactly what she was talking about.

"That she never broke her conditioning and that anyone with the code words could potentially control her" The doctor said with an annoyed tone.

Bucky looked down. He remembered how happy Y/N was when Ayo made her believe that she was free.

"The Wakandians did what they could, but the conditioning is too strong. I hate myself for not telling her. But I vowed to protect her from the people who want to exploit her" Bucky said, trying to explain himself.

"She's living a lie James. You're lying to her every day. You don't want her to learn by accident after all what you've been trough together"

"It should've been me. She's been trough so much worse than me. She doesn't deserve this"

Bucky paused before continuing.