Chapter 22

Y/N's POV

We were on a plane that would take us back home, Sam was laying down, Bucky was deep in thoughts and I tried resting my head on Bucky's shoulder as I played with the dog tags around his neck.

"Let's take the shield and do this ourselves" Bucky said suddenly.

"We can't just run up on the man, beat him up and take it. Do you remember what happened the last time we stole it ? Sharon was branded enemy of the state and Steve and I were on the run for two years. I don't know about you two, but I don't want to live the rest of my life on the run" Sam said as he sat up. "We just got our ass handed to us by super soldiers" He added.

"Maybe you two. I was doing pretty well" I said.

"There is someone you should meet" Bucky said as he got up and sat next to Sam.

I sighed. Sam wouldn't like this.

~

We were walking down the street as we made it to a house. We knocked, and a teen opened the door.

"We're here to see Isaiah" Bucky told the boy

"Nobody named Isaiah lives here" He answered coldly.

"Look, we just want to talk to him" I said.

"You must've not heard what I said. You ain't getting in this house"

"Tell him the soldiers from the bar in Goyang are here" Bucky answered.

The teen closed the door, and reopened it a minute later. We walked inside, and Isaiah was waiting for us.

"Look at you two" Isaiah said, calmly.

"This is Sam. Sam this is Isaiah. He was a hero. One of the few that Hydra feared the most" I said, introducing them.

"We met in '51" Bucky added.

"If by met you mean I whupped your ass, then yeah. They only sent one of their two soldiers, when they realized he couldn't beat me alone, they sent the second one. I ripped half of his arm in the fight. I just wanted to see if he got the arm back, or if they'd come to kill me"

"We're not killers anymore" I said.

"You think you can wake up one day and decide what you wanna be ? It doesn't work like that. Well, maybe it does for folks like you"

"The reason we're here, is that there's more of us out there" Bucky said.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore" Isaiah said as he threw a can on the wall. "You know what they did to me for being a hero ? They put my ass in jail for 30 years. People running tests. Taking my blood, coming into my cell. Even your people weren't done with me" Isaiah said angrily, but quietly.

"Isaiah..." Sam tried speaking.

"Get out of my house !" Isaiah screamed.

The teen lead us to the door, and we left.

We walked down the street, and Sam was mad.

"Why didn't you tell me about Isaiah ! How could nobody bring him up ! Steve didn't know about him ?" He screamed.

"He didn't. We didn't tell him" Bucky answered.

"So you're telling me that there was a black Super Soldier decades ago, and nobody knew about him ?!"

Sam stopped walking to give us a look of shame.

A police car was in front of us, two cops got out and walked towards us.