Chapter 16

Y/N's POV

Our next step was to meet up with Bruce Banner, a former Avenger I had yet to meet.

We arrived at a restaurant. Nat and Scott got out of the car while I stayed inside. Steve waited before joining the rest of the group.

"You okay ?" He asked.

"What if I never see him again ? What if he's never coming back ?" I said, tears in my eyes.

"Don't worry Y/N, we'll find a way to bring him back. We'll bring everyone back" He answered, knowing exactly who I was talking about.

"He promised me Steve. He promised he would always come back !" I screamed.

"I miss him. I miss him every day. He's my best friend. This is our chance to bring him back. So let's make it count"

~

Inside the restaurant Bruce was waiting for us in 'smart Hulk' form. We sat down and began talking.

"I'm so confused" Scott said.

"These are confusing times" Bruce answered.

"Right, that's not what I meant" Scott said looking away.

Bruce began talking about how he and the Hulk shared a body, until some kids walked towards us and asked for a picture. Scott took the photo and the kids left.

"About what we were saying" Steve said with a tired tone.

"The whole time travel do-over ? It's outside of my area of expertise" Bruce answered, straightforwardly.

"Well, you pulled this off, I remember when that seemed impossible too" Nat said referring to Bruce and Hulk.

Bruce hesitated.

"Please, Doctor Banner. You need to help us" I said. "I lost someone very important to me and I don't know if I can keep living without him"

Living without Bucky was hard for me. We were finally free, we wanted to live normal lives together, but that freedom was taken away from us, again.

Bruce sighed.

"Fine, I'll do it"

I smiled.

~

We were at the Avengers compound and we were testing time travel. Scott was our test subject, he would go back in time to confirm our theories.

"Okay, time travel test number one" Bruce said.

Nat and Bruce whispered to each other.

"Scott, I'll send you back a week let you walk around for an hour then bring you back in ten seconds. Make sense ?" Bruce asked.

"Perfectly not confusing"

"Good Luck" I said.

"You got this" Steve added.

"You're right. I do, Captain America"

Bruce pulled a lever and Scott disappeared.

"On the count of three. 3, 2, 1" Bruce said before pulling the lever back up.

Instead of Scott, a teen was in the armour and he look confused.

"Uh... guys ? This doesn't feel right" The teen said.

"What's going on ?" I asked, concerned.

"Who is that ?"

"It's Scott !" The teen said, frustration in his voice.