Chapter 21

Y/N's POV

Bucky jumped on the back of the first truck and opened the door to walk inside, while I jumped on the roof of the second truck.

Bucky was suddenly thrown out of the truck and he fell onto the second truck's windshield.

"Shit" Bucky said.

"What's wrong ?" I said as I helped him get on the roof.

"The person in the truck isn't a hostage. She's one of them"

A girl with red hair, wearing a Flag Smashers mask jumped next to us. Other Flag Smashers followed, ready to attack.

Two of them grabbed Bucky and held him in place while they punched him.

Meanwhile, the girl with red hair tried fighting me. She tried to punch me, but I caught her wrist just in time.

She was shocked.

"You thought you were the only one with super strength ?" I said with a smile.

We began fighting. She had less combat experience so it wasn't too hard to dodge her attacks.

Redwing flew towards us and began shooting at the Flag Smashers. The girl grabbed the drone and broke him.

"I always wanted to do that" Bucky laughed.

"Not the time Buck" I said.

Sam flew towards us and began fighting our attackers.

"Good of you to join the fight Sam !" Bucky screamed.

I ran towards Bucky and kicked one of the two men who were holding him. Bucky fought one of the attackers while I fought the other.

The first truck began driving slower and was now next to the one we were on. More Flag Smashers were waiting for us on the first truck.

I looked behind me and I saw Sam pinned to the ground with a Flag Smasher about to punch him.

Before the Flag Smasher could attack, a red, white and blue shield knocked the man away from Sam.

I looked up and I saw something I never expected to see. John Walker, with a smile, helping us fight.

John and another man jumped on the trucks and began fighting off the Flag Smashers.

We used their arrival as a distraction to continued attacking the now shocked Flag Smashers.

As we fought, I tried staying as far away as I could from my brother's cheap replacement.

I heard the noise of metal breaking metal. I looked behind me and I saw Bucky was falling.

Before he could reach the ground, I jumped at the side of the vehicle and held onto the edge of the truck while Bucky grabbed my legs to stop his fall. If I let go, there would be some grave consequences.

One of the Flag Smashers tried stepping on my fingers to make me let go of the truck. I was able to move my hands fast enough to not get hit.

I grabbed a pocket knife and placed it right under where his boot would hit next. The knife went straight into his foot. He screamed in pain and walked away slowly.

"Sam, a little help ?" I said in my earpiece while Bucky held onto me, trying not to let go.

Sam flew under the truck and grabbed us both. We fell in a field and we rolled around in the grass.

I was under someone and when I opened my eyes, I realized Sam was on top of me.

He didn't move, he was scared to move.