Chapter 9

Y/N's POV

Bucky and I were put inside two pods made of glass. We were being transported to a facility where we would be examined by a professional. Inside the pods, our hands and legs were restrained and we couldn't move much.

As we arrived at the facility, guards dragged our pods outside and brought them to the basement.

I looked to my right, and saw Bucky waiting in his pod, not moving or talking.

After a while the psychologist arrived. He had brown hair and he wore glasses. He sat down at a table in front of us and started talking

"Hello, Mr. Barnes, Miss Rogers. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Your first name is James ?" He asked Bucky

Bucky didn't answer

"And your first name is Y/N ?"

I didn't say anything

"I'm not here to judge you, I just want to ask a few questions. Do you know where you are ?"

Again, we didn't answer

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

"My name is Bucky" Bucky said, finally answering the first question

The man wrote something down on his notepad

"Tell me, you've both seen a great deal, haven't you ?"

"I don't want to talk about it" I answered.

"You both feel that if you open your mouth the horrors might never stop. Don't worry, we only have to talk about one" He told us.

Suddenly the light turned off. Leaving us in almost complete darkness.

"What the hell is this ?" Asked Bucky

"Why don't we discuss your home ? Not Romania, certainly not Brooklyn, no. I mean your real home." He showed us a red book with the black star. The book containing the codewords.

"Longing"

"No" Bucky whispered.

"Rusted"

"Stop"

"Seventeen"

"Daybreak"

3rd Person POV

Unlike Bucky, Y/N's conditioning was always easier to activate. After just a few words, she would turn into a Winter Soldier.

"Ready to comply" Y/N said. She kicked the pod and successfully got out.

"I thought it would be easier to turn you back into the winter soldier" Zemo said to Bucky.

Bucky screamed and with his metal arm, began  punching the pod's glass walls.

"Y/N !"

"Furnace, nine, benign, homecoming, one, freight car"

As Zemo finished Bucky had finally managed to break out of his pod.

"Soldier ?"

"Ready to comply"

"Mission report. December 16, 1991" Zemo asked the two soldiers.

~

Steve and Sam made their way to where Bucky and Y/N should have been.

Zemo laid on the ground, and faked being injured.

"Help me. Help" He said, waiting for one of the heroes to help him.

Steve walked towards him and pushed him on a wall