Chapter 26

TW : ⚠️ TOPICS OF RAPE AND TRAFFICKING ⚠️ It's a small line from Bucky that suggests some things happened to them as Winter Soldiers. If you are not comfortable with this, PLEASE, stop reading this chapter.

Y/N's POV

We were in Riga. Our new goal was to find out where Karli was. With Zemo out of jail, it was like a ticking time bomb until someone found us.

We were walking down the street towards one of Zemo's fancy houses. Bucky was behind us. I stopped and waited for him.

He walked next to me and showed me something he held in his hand. Kimoyo Beads from Wakanda. The Dora was here.

"I'll stay with them, you go find her" I whispered to Bucky. He nodded then left.

We arrived a couple minutes later at a large house. The inside was beautiful.

~

Sam and I sat at a table and talked while Zemo decided to take a shower.

Zemo and Bucky both opened their respective doors at the same time and walked towards Sam and I.

"The Wakandans are here. They want Zemo. I bought us some more time" Bucky declared.

"Were you followed ?" I asked.

"No"

"How can you be so sure ?" Zemo asked.

"'Cause I know when I'm being followed"

"It was sweet of you to defend me at least" Zemo said trying to test Bucky's patience.

"Shut it. No one's defending you. You killed Nagel" Sam answered with a glare.

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened ?" Zemo tried defending himself.

"There's nothing to discuss, you shot the man. We all saw you" I said.

"Guys..." Bucky said while looking at his phone.

"What's wrong ?"

"Karli just bombed a GRC supply depot"

"What's the damage ?" Sam asked.

"Eleven injured. Three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met"

"Oh god" I said, putting my face in my hands.

Karli was getting worse and worse. She didn't understand what she was doing.

Sam sighed.

"I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you ?" Zemo asked.

"She's just a kid" Sam said.

"You're seeing something in her that's not there. You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a super soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to the Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers"

"You're talking about our friends" Sam said, getting defensive.

"The Avengers, not the Nazis" Bucky clarified.

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her"

As much as I wanted to believe Sam, I felt like after everything she'd done, it would be hard for Karli to give everything up.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path. She will not stop. She will escalate until you kill her, or she kills you" Zemo said.