Chapter 4

Y/N's POV

As we made it to the camp site, the soldier that were left at the base ran up to us. They started clapping and cheering for us.

Colonel Philips walked towards us.

"Some of these men need medical attention" Steve said after we saluted the colonel

"Y/N and I would like to surrender ourselves for disciplinary action"

"That won't be necessary" The colonel said with a small smile, before he left.

Peggy walked up to Steve and they started talking. I stood next to Bucky, watching them with a proud smile.

"Let's hear it for Captain America" Bucky said loudly as we all began clapping and cheering for Steve

That's when Schmidt's words came to my mind.

"Do you really want to stay in your brother's shadow for the rest of your life ?"

Did people not care because I was a woman ? Because I didn't have super strength? Because I was simply an agent and not a soldier ?

I felt a hand on my shoulder

"Are you okay Y/N ? You look worried" Bucky said, slightly concerned.

"Yeah, it's just I can't stop thinking about what Schmidt said. He said I'd stay in Steve's shadow for the rest of my life"

He hugged me.

"Your just as important as Steve, if not more. Don't listen to Schmidt, he's only trying to recruit more soldiers"

I held him tightly

"And if it makes you feel any better, when they were torturing me, you kept me sane. I just kept thinking of my promise. I couldn't leave you alone. I couldn't let myself die. I had to come back to you"

"Thanks Buck, I needed that"

"Anytime, doll"

~

We were in headquarters, trying to figure out where we should attack from next.

Steve was writing down where he had seen the enemies's camps on a map at the Hydra base.

"Agent Carter coordinate with MI6. I want every eyeball looking for the main Hydra base" Ordered the colonel.

"What about us ?" I asked.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say Captain ? Its your map. You think you can wipe Hydra off it ?"

"Yes sir. But I'll need a team"

~

Steve was in a bar trying to recruit the men we had saved for his team.

Meanwhile, I was sitting with Bucky, explaining the situation to him.

"You're going to go back there Y/N ?"

"I have to, I can't just leave you and Steve alone"

"But it's dangerous"

As be finished his sentence Steve sat next to us.

"See ? I told you. They're all Idiots" Bucky said, talking about Steve's teammates

"How about you ? You're going to follow Captain America into the jaws of death ?"

"Hell no. That little guy from Brooklyn that was too dumb not to run away from a fight, I'm following him. You're keeping the outfit right ?"