Chapter 25

Y/N's POV

We made our way to an expensive looking penthouse in High Town. The inside looked like a club and an art gallery at the same time. Lights were flashing, and I couldn't see much except some paintings.

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well" Sam told Sharon.

"I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I'll get for real Monet ?"

"Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monet"

"No, she means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork" Zemo explained.

"Most artworks in museums are fake. I know, I stole some in the past" I added.

"I see what you're doing. You're more worldly than good old Sam" Sam said as he checked his phone.

"What does google say ?" Bucky asked as we walked towards a room with better lighting.

"No shit" Sam said as he followed us.

"You guys need to change, I'm hosting clients in an hour" Sharon said.

~

Bucky, Sam and I changed into clothes that were better fit for our mission. Finding Nagel, now with Sharon's help.

"What's going on, Sharon ? You don't ever wanna come back home ?" Sam asked.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back I step foot back in the United States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition" Sharon answered.

"I'm sorry I didn't call, but after the blip and the chaos, I just..." Sam was cut off by Sharon.

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right ? The way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy"

"He knows and not so deep down" Zemo answered for Sam.

"By the way, how's the new cap ?" Sharon asked.

"Don't even get me started" I said as I sat down next to Bucky on a couch.

"Please. You buy into all that starts and stripes bullshit. Before you two were his psychopathic pets, you were Mr. and Miss America ! Cap's sister and his best friend" Sharon said as she sat down next to us.

"She's kind of awful now" Bucky said, annoyed.

"Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum" Sam said as he also sat down.

"You guys really should steer clear of all this for your own safety" Sharon warned.

"We know it's a risk, but we won't leave until we find the one who cracked the code"

"We wouldn't have come all the way here if we weren't ready to take risks" I added.

"We got a name. Wilfred Nagel" Bucky explained to Sharon as she got up.

"Nagel works for the Power Broker"

"We need your help, Sharon. I can get your name cleared" Sam said.

After a couple minutes of denying the offer, Sharon finally accepted. She would help us find Nagel and Sam would help her leave Madripoor.

"I sell to some pretty connected people. Lay low, blend in, enjoy the party. Try to stay out of trouble. I'll see what I can find" Sharon said as she left to go see her guests, who had just arrived.

"Trouble" Zemo said sarcastically with a laugh.

~

After a couple minutes of walking trough the crowd, Sharon came to us.