Chapter 15

Y/N's POV
5 years later

Ever since the blip, I had been staying at the compound with Natasha. We had gotten extremely close. I had opened up to her about my past. Meanwhile, she talked a lot about her 'fake family'. She talked about her sister Yelena and from Nat's description, she seemed like a really nice person.

Today, we were having a meeting with our allies, which included ; Rocket, Okoye, Carol, Rhodes and Nebula. We were discussing minor issues and slight threats.

After the meeting ended, Natasha started crying. I sat on the chair next to her's and hugged her. She cried on my shoulder for a little while before Steve appeared.

Steve walked towards us. He had just finished one of his group talks about the blip. I attended a couple times, it helped me cope with my loss.

"You know I'd offer to cook diner, but you seem pretty miserable already" Steve told Nat.

"You're here to do your laundry ?" Nat asked as she wiped her tears.

"To see my friend and my sister" Steve answered back.

"Your friend is fine" Nat said, denying her emotions.

"I'll leave you two be" I told them as I got up and walked away.

I heard a beeping sound coming from the control room, so I walked inside. On one of the screens, I could see a man screaming at the surveillance camera. I'd seen him before. It took me a while before I realized that he was the man that help us during our fight with Tony. He's the guy who could shrink and grow, Scott Lang.

I ran back to where Steve and Nat were.

"You guys need to see this" I said.

I showed them the footage of the front door. Scott was still screaming at the camera.

"Hi, hi ! Is anyone home ? This is Scott Lang. We met a few years at the airport in Germany ? I was the guy that got really tall. I had a mask on" Scott said trough the camera.

"Is this an old message ?" Steve asked.

"No, this is live footage of the entrance" I told him.

~

We let Scott in. He was muttering to himself. He was obviously stressed out.

"Are you okay ?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine" He said taking a deep breath. "Have you guys ever studied quantum physics ?"

"Only to make conversation" Nat said.

"Five years ago before Thanos, I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like it's own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my... She was supposed to pull me out and then Thanos happened and I got stuck there" Scott explained quickly.

"That must've been a very long five years" I said.

"Yeah but that's just it. It wasn't. For me it was five hours. See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich ?" He asked out of nowhere pointing at Nat's sandwich.

He took the sandwich and began eating it.

"Scott, what are you talking about ?" Steve asked.

"So, what I'm saying is time works differently in the quantum realm. The only problem right now, is that we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did ? What if we could somehow control the chaos and we could navigate it ? What if there was a way that we could enter the quantum realm at a certain point in time but then exit the quantum realm at another point in time ? Like before Thanos" Scott wad walking around the room quickly and finishing Nat's sandwich.

"Wait. Are you talking about a time machine ?" Steve asked.

"No, no of course not. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine"

"So who do we talk to about this ?" Scott asked.

Steve looked at Nat and then me.

"You really thinks he'll help us, Steve ? For god's sake, I literally murdered his dad and he tried to kill me for it"

~

We arrived at a house in the woods. In front of us stood Tony. He was holding a little girl in his arms. We got out of our car and walked towards him.

We explained our plan to him. He hadn't said a word.

"Tony after everything you've seen is anything really impossible ?" Steve asked.

I didn't talk. It wasn't my place to. I tried staying behind Nat in hopes that Tony wouldn't pay attention to me.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that ?" Tony finally spoke up. I hid behind Nat even more.

"In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home" He added.

"I did" Scott said.

"No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it ?" Tony asked.

"A time heist" Scott said.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course. Why didn't we think of this before ? Oh because it's laughable" Tony said sarcastically.

"The stones are in the past. We could go back, we could get them" Steve said, trying to convince him.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back" Nat added.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right ? I don't believe we should. Gotta say it. I sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However high hopes won't help, if there is no logical tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise" Tony said sitting down.

"Not of we strictly follow rules of time travel. It means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events..." Scott said also sitting down.

"I'm going to stop you right there, are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on 'Back to the Future' ?" Tony asked.

Scott scoffed.

"No" He said.

"Good you had me worried there" Tony said. "That's not how quantum physics work"

"Tony. We have to take a stand" Nat said.

"We did stand. And yet, here we are" Tony looked annoyed.

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a wife, a daughter. But I lost someone very important to me. A lotta people did. And now we have a chance to bring them back. You're telling me that you won't even-!" Before Scott could finish Tony cut trough his words.

"That's right Scott. I won't even. I can't."

Tony's daughter walked towards him and he held her in his arms, as the other left.

I sighed. This was my chance to talk to him.

"Your not going with them ?" Tony asked.

"I never got to apologize for Howard. I'm sorry. He was a good friend of mine. I want you to know that I didn't want to kill him. I had no choice. Bucky and I had no other choice. Hydra was all we knew at the time" I turned around to walk towards the car.

"I wish you and your family the best"

Published : 26-09-21
Number of Words : 1205
Edited : 29-08-22