Chapter 7

3rd Person POV

After arriving at the Hydra base, Bucky could only think of one thing : Steve. He may not know his name or his relationship to him, but he knew that he was the key to unlocking his past memories. He looked at Y/N who was sitting next to him, and remembered that Steve knew her too.

If only Bucky could just see Steve before they had their memories wiped.

Bucky started remembering things. He remembered falling off a cliff as Steve yelled his name. He remembered the experiment that were done on him. But most importantly, he remembered Y/N. He remembered their first kiss. He remembered the day she came to save him. He remembered her death.

~

Y/N's POV

Ever since our encounter with the blond haired man, I seem to be remembering things. I now knew the soldier's name. It was Bucky. I had doubts about my name, but I think my name may have been Y/N.

Bucky looked deep in thoughts. As a scientist approached him, he punched the man in the face. Guns were pointed at our faces.

Pierce had just arrived and started walking towards us with his hands in the air.

"Mission report" He said but we didn't answer.

"Mission report now" Pierce said, angrier.

We, again, didn't answer. He walked towards Bucky and slapped him. I tried getting up to fight back, but unlike Bucky my hands were tied to my chair.

"The man on the bridge. Who was he ?" Bucky asked, intrigued.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment"

Bucky looked confused. As if he knew the director was lying

"We knew him"

Pierce sat down on a chair in front of us.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. Society's at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But if the both of you don't do your parts, I can't do mine. And Hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves"

Bucky did not seem to care.

"But we knew him"

Pierce got up and sighed.

"Prep them"

"They've been out of cryo freeze too long"

"Then wipe them and start over"

Bucky was already on the chair on which they wiped our memories.

"No ! You can't ! This is the first time we've been able to remember something !" I screamed.

"Finally decided to speak up ?" Pierce asked.

"My name is Y/N Rogers and the man on the bridge was my brother !"

They all looked at me shocked. How could one man destroy years of brainwashing and conditioning.

"And that is Bucky Barnes ! We are not the Winter Soldiers !"

Before I had a chance to get out of my restraints a scientist injected me with something.

My vision became blurry and soon I fell asleep.

~

When I woke up I was in pain. They were erasing my memories. I screamed. As I began to forget all my memories, I looked to the side and saw Bucky.