TWENTY-NINE

"Sh. Can you be any louder?" Bette complained to the boy.

"I'm picking a lock. It's not necessary a quiet activity." Zach sassed, trying his best to pick the lock of Ramon Costa's house quietly, but failed miserably.

"Hurry up." Bette looked around, hoping nobody saw them here. After the talk yesterday, Bette agreed to break into Ramon Costa's house. She only knew his house was still left untouched because her sister Deila was grieving and didn't want to get rid of anything of his. Especially the house they bought together.

"Got it." Zach said, opening the door for the girl to walk in, him behind her.

"Ok let's make this quick." Bette said, tightening her gloves. "You take downstairs, I'll take up. "

Zach nodded and walked around the house as Bette walked upstairs. She checked every drawer in the hallway, guest bedrooms, bathrooms, and literally everything but she couldn't find anything. She made it into Ramon Costa's room. It was creepy being in a dead guy's room but she needed to do this to help clear her friend.

Bette was unsuccessful looking through the drawers and made her way into the walking closet. She checked the drawers, chairs, everything. Still nothing. Until something caught her eye behind a pile of dirty clothes.

A photo album.

Nothing wrong with looking through it, she thought. She flipped through the pages. Seeing mostly pictures of him and Deila in whatever country they traveled to together.

The girl sighed, thinking this was wasting her time and was about to give up until the next page caused her eyes to widen.

No fucking way.