SEVENTEEN

"C'mon in." Carla yelled from her bed. It was a Saturday and the girl was extremely exhausted after a not so successful practice with Shane. She was too distracted to choreographer something. Shane tried his best but even he admitted her choreography was 10 times better than his.

And if he wanted to win, he needed to be patient to however long the girl needed to come up with something.

And the whole Nabil and Caleb drama, she was mentally exhausted. She turned down a shopping trip with her friends to have some alone time. Some time to write down her thoughts in her journal.

"Hey." Neveah said, closing the door behind her.

Carla half smiled. "Hey." The two haven't really spoken since what happened that night. After Neveah basically admitted she was using her for opportunities.

"I want to say I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean much to you. I betrayed you, said some nasty things to you. And I know you'll probably never forgive me but I just wanted to tell you."

Carla nodded as she listened to the girl. She did miss their friendship. The times where they could tell each other anything and there would be no judgment. But what Neveah said hurt her. It truly showed the type of person Neveah was and she wasn't too sure if she was only apologizing because she's staying here and needed those connections again or she truly wanted to be friends again.

Carla didn't know but she wasn't gonna let her guard down.

"Thanks I appreciate it."

"So we good?"

"No."

"Oh."

"Look Neveah, what you said hurt me and I don't know if you're only apologizing because you're still here and need those connections again but it's gonna take a lot for me to trust you again."

Neveah nodded, understanding where the girl's coming from. "Ok. Well I guess I'll see you around?" The girl walked to the door and left.

Carla sighed, slowly realizing how shitty her life is. She was lucky she had other friends she could rely on. But she always felt like whenever she let people get too close to her, they end up betraying her. She didn't get it. Was it something she did? Is it her overly nice personality?