FORTY

"I'll make sure to make this as pain free as possible." Madame Dubios said, cleaning the gun.

Caleb, June, and Josie hasn't said anything yet. They've been silent this entire time. And have not once made eye contact with the girl. They knew they should do something. Stall even to wait for maybe if their friends would come to rescue. But it's like they couldn't. 

"Do I at least have one last phone call?" Carla asked, trying to prolong this as long as possible.

"You're funny."

"Am I?"

Suddenly, the door's opened and several police officers came in followed by James Chalamet and Detective Cruz.

"Drop the weapon." They yelled. "Hands up."

Madame Dubios's eyes widened, immediately dropping the gun. She didn't think this would happen. Detective Cruz handcuffed the woman. "You're under arrest for the murder of Ramon Costa."

Oren immediately ran to the girl, untying her and pulling her into a tight hug. "You're ok. You're ok."

Carla cried, hugging the boy. "I'm okay."

"God. I was so fucking scared. I thought I lost you."

"I thought I wouldn't be able to see you again."

"Me too." Oren said, pulling the girl into a kiss. A short, passionate kiss. He was so relieved to hear the girl's voice over the phone. He realized he didn't want anyone else other than Carla. Carla was the one for her. And if he needed to spend his entire life to make it up for her, he would because for him, she's worth it.