TWENTY-SIX

"What z hell we do?" Zach asked everyone.

"Well for starters, you can sober up." Bette said, handing the boy a tray full of mini burgers.

"I just texted Mr C, he said he's on his way to the station." Shane said, briefly showing them the text conversation.

"Ok. That's a start." Neveah said, nodding. "What do they have on Carla to arrest her?"

Nabil shook his head. "Don't know. But whatever it is it must be very big to arrest her."

"You don't think they found the knife?" Cassie asked.

"Fuck." Bette said. "Shit. We made sure it was washed away in the Emerald Bay. That's like 50 miles from here."

"Guys. We don't know if they found that or not. And even if they did it shouldn't even have Carla's fingerprints on there. We all touched it that night. If anything they should be arresting all of us." Zach explained, chugging down a water bottle, sobering up quickly.

"Is she okay?" Oren suddenly asked the group.

"And since when do you care?" Cassie asked the boy, glaring.

"You know I love Carls with all my heart."

"But yet you broke it." Bette pointed out.

"Look I know things have been crazy lately but that doesn't mean I still care for her." Oren explained. "I still love her."

Shane rolled his eyes. "Well maybe you should have thought about that before you took that shank's side."

"Yeah and you have less than 5 seconds to get the hell out of here before I rearrange your face." Zach threatened the boy. He was still very, very upset with what he did to his cousin. 

"Please." Oren begged. While everyone was very skeptical of the boy, they still told him what happened. Because even if he was a dumb bee for doing that to Carla, they knew deep down, he will always love her.