THIRTY-EIGHT

Carla groaned as she opened her eyes to see an unfamiliar dark room. She started to panic when she couldn't move her hands because they were tied behind her and it didn't help that the chair she was sitting on was uncomfortable. The girl tried remembering what happened and how she got here.

One minute she was in the practice room, practicing her turns, the next everything was black.

"Oh good you're up." She heard a voice and she immediately knew who's voice it was.

"Madame Dubois."

The lady smirked at the girl as a few more people walked in behind her. "You know Caleb, June, and Josie."

Carla looked at her so-called friends who didn't even want to look at the girl. They were too scared and ashamed at what they did.

"All too well."

"Now now Carla, we musten not be angry at them. They were only trying to do the right thing."

"Do the right thing?" Carla asked, trying to get rid of the ropes on her hands, only to realize her Apple Watch was still on. "And what's that? Ask Siri to call my father and tell him how much of a psycho you are." Still trying her best to get her hands out of the ropes, which were tied too tightly. 

Madame Dubois laughed. "Why bother when you're gonna be dead."

"You're gonna kill me here? In this disgusting place."

"It's not disgusting. It's my mom's place."

"Right. Well go ahead then. Kill me in your mom's place that probably not even far from school."

Madam Dubois nodded. "You're right. It's not that far. About a half a mile southeast, the door a light blue color."

"So why am I here?"

"You were always my favorite student Carla. You reminded me so much of me back in the days. How strong you are. How you only live and breathe ballet. So planting the murder weapon on you was a piece of cake."

"You're the one who killed Costa?" Carla asked. She knew he wasn't dead when they all left.

"Just finishing what you started. Why else do you think I have these two here?" Madame Dubois nodded in Caleb and June's direction. "They told me exactly where you threw the knife away. All I had to do was put in an anonymous tip." Madame Dubois explained.

The girl looked at her so called friends. They still didn't look at the girl. But she could see it in their body language. They were ashamed at what they did.

"So how did you kill him?" 

"It wasn't hard really. He was already bleeding out by the time I got there. Choking people was always my talent. Ask Caleb about it."

Carla wanted to throw up. She did not want to think about Madame Dubois and Caleb doing it.

"So why'd you do it?" Carla asked, slightly curious as to what her motive was.

"There can be only one greatest choreographer in the world. And that's me. And once you're gone, they'll drop this case and will only remember the one best dancer from Archer. Me."

While the 2 were talking, what Madame Dubios didn't know was that Carla was calling her father on her apple watch who heard the entire thing and was on the way to the location thanks to June who was only working with them because she thought she was doing the right thing. But when she saw her best friend, sitting in the chair, helpless, she knew she had to do something.