THIRTY-NINE

"Status update. I need a status update." James yelled at the people in his living room trying their best to locate his daughter.

"Still nothing."

"What the hell do you mean nothing?" Claudia asked, just as angry as James. Why wouldn't they be? Their only daughter is missing and these people aren't doing a great job at finding her. 

"Sir. Ma'am. We're doing everything we can."

I'm paying you big bucks and it seems to me that's not helping because you can't..." James stopped his lawyer speech when he got a phone call from his daughter. He immediately picked up.

Before he could say anything, he heard. "Why bother when you're gonna be dead."

When the parents heard their daughter's voice, it brought them hope. "You're gonna kill me here? In this disgusting place."

"It's not disgusting. It's my mom's place." 

"That's Madame Dubois." Claudia whispered to her husband. 

"Right. Well go ahead then. Kill me in your mom's place that probably not even far from school."

"Track this." James whispered.

Shane felt his phone vibrate. He opened the message from June and his eyes widened. "Guys."

Everyone crowded around the boy, his phone in the center.

"1412 Battersky Street." Nabil read. "That's like a few houses down from Archer."

"Wait 1412 Battersky Street?" Bette repeated, pulling out her phone. She knew that sounded familiar but didn't know where until she knew exactly where it was from. "That address was on a post it note in Josie's room."

"June sent this to me. Maybe that's where Carla is." Shane explained.

"How are we so sure this isn't a trap?" Neveah asked, not liking how June the girl that was on the enemy side all of a sudden turned to their side.

"It could but it's the only thing we have right now." Zach said.

"1412 Battersky Street." They all heard James read out. "Let's go."

And with that, everyone set out to rescue Carla. 

✄-----------------------------

HOW IS THERE ONLY A FEW MORE CHAPTERS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF THIS BOOK??

NOOOOOOOOOOO